Highways Maintenance Oper
We're committed to creating better places for everyone. We take pride in making a difference, but also in being the difference: for the communities we serve, whatever the challenge, whatever the weather. By designing and consulting, building and maintaining, managing and investing in our country's services and infrastructures we create better places to live, work and travel.
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You're surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your well being. There'll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You'll be stretched but always supported. To bring out the better in you. To shine as a better team player or self starter. To help you commit to better each day, delivering whatever steps it takes, great or small, to create better places for
We believe that we are what we do.
It's more than just wanting to do better.
At Amey we're proud to be the better
What is the purpose of this role?
You will help to deliver a best in class service for our client.
What will this role involve?
- Maintain high technical standards Attend project and work briefings as required Drive/operate vehicles/plant requiring general and specialist skills
- Undertake all aspects of highway maintenance works including; Carriageway and footway patching, kerbing, ironwork replacement, drainage
- Participate in summer & winter 24hr standby on a rota basis, Participate with incident response, winter maintenance services; precautionary gritting, the safe clearance of snowfall
- Carry out vehicle checks prior to shift starting, correctly filling in defect books Record Drivers' hours Allocation and capturing time and resource utilisation in line with operated allocation system To keep records, complete all necessary paperwork, communicate and liaise with other employees of Amey, sub-contractors, the emergency services, the police, the general public, clients and customers
- Follow Amey's Zero Code by ensuring yourself, others and the working environments are safe
What are we looking for?
The ideal candidate would:
- Have a Full Driving Licence - & preferably have an LGV Driving Licence (Class 2)
- Have experience in an industry role such as civil engineering, groundworks, traffic management or any other relevant background
- Be knowledgeable on Emergency First Aid at Work (HSE)
- Be self-motivated and have a positive attitude
- Be willing to learn and develop new skills
What makes this role unique?
In return for your commitments you will be making a difference within your local community. Working for Amey, you will be eligible to receive excellent benefits such as: