Digital Communication and Content Officer
We are looking for a digitally savvy communications all-rounder who is full of ideas and energy to join a leading charity as a full-time Digital Communications and Content Officer, in their friendly and busy team.
Position: Digital Communication and Content Officer
Hours: 9:00am - 5:30pm (37.5 hours per week)
Salary: £26,000 - £31,000
Benefits: 25 days per year (excluding bank holidays), employer pension, free annual flu jabs and annual sight tests, Cycle to Work Scheme, Interest-free Annual Travel Card Loans, An Employee Assistance Programme, staff discount scheme, free fruit every week… plus scope for flexible working including occasional working from home and many more!
Closing Date: 12 noon on Thursday 5 December 2019
Interview Date: Wednesday 11 December 2019 (Round 1), Monday 16 December (Round 2)
The Digital Communication and Contents Officer will work closely with the Head of Communications and Engagement, Fundraising Events Team and Corporate Partnerships Team to raise the charity’s profile across their digital channels and build supporter engagement with both their corporate and individual supporters.
The Digital Communication and Contents Officer will lead on the development of digital channels and provide support to the wider team across all marketing and communications activities, with a focus on events marketing. This role will give the successful candidate the opportunity to take the digital channels to the next level.
Key aspects of the role include:
- Managing and developing social media channels.
- Managing and developing the website.
- Developing tailored digital content for corporate supporters.
- Supporting the delivery of tailored campaigns.
- Coaching and supporting the wider team to adopt digital solutions.
As Digital Communication and Contents Officer, you will be creative, professional and have excellent organisational skills.
A team player with a solution-focussed attitude and hands-on approach, you will bring with you:
- Experience of working in a digital focussed role.
- Demonstrable experience of producing content for digital platforms.
- Experience of growing social media channels and using social media scheduling tools.
- High levels of digital literacy, including Office package, data management, google analytics, content management systems and SEO.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, copy writing skills and strong editorial capabilities.
- Experience of managing a diverse workload and of supporting colleagues.
- An interest in charity and homelessness sectors.
When applying for this role you will be asked to complete an application form providing evidence of how you meet the criteria of the person specification.
Our client has an ambitious mission to end youth homelessness in the UK, so it’s an exciting time to join this dynamic and growing organisation. Along with an excellent benefits package, they also offer career development, support for external mentoring, a Professional Development Fund, scope for flexible working and a ½ day a month entitlement to volunteer for a charity of your choice, in work time!
About the Organisation
Our client brings remarkable business and individuals from the property industry together in partnership, to support charities delivering life-changing services for vulnerable young people who are or have been homeless, or who are at risk of homelessness in the future.
You may also have experience in areas such as Digital Marketing, Digital, Communications, Digital and Communications, Digital and Communications Executive, Digital and Communications Officer, Content Officer, Marketing, Marketing and Communications.