Field Support Engineer
Are you looking for the Career of a Lifetime? There couldn't be a better time to join Willmott Dixon's IT department at our Head Office in Letchworth. We are currently going through a strategic IT transformation to move to the cloud and are rapidly adopting the latest concepts of BI and digital construction.
As a part of this we are undertaking an organisational, operational and service transformation. We are therefore recruiting for key new roles that are tasked with the important job of establishing new capabilities, using IT best practices.
We also aim to be world class in offering agile and flexible working practices. This offers you a great working environment and a genuine work-life balance.
We would welcome applications from people who are looking for an exciting challenge in IT transformation, who understand "what good looks like" and who enjoy a lively and fun place to work. This is a fantastic opportunity to join an innovative IT team and take on a role in which you will be able directly implement change and shape the strategy and vision of the IT function in the years ahead.
Willmott Dixon is currently looking to recruit a Field Support Engineer provide IT support to our Midlands Construction business. The main purpose of the role is to provide a robust and effective field support service to their offices and construction project sites across the Midlands region. The main office for this region is based in Coleshill.
- Effectively and efficiently provide field based desktop assistance, support and cover, to all business users responding to the Helpdesk.
- To work with the Field Support Manager in accordance with IT objectives, values and standards.
- Ensure that all legal and legislative requirements in relation to IT are adhered to and followed.
- Ensure the status of their Regional hardware asset registers.
- To operate as the conduit of information and feedback between their region and their Manager.
- To ensure that all tickets allocated are managed per the Incident Management process. Information updated in the ticket work log to be accurate, up to date and informative. Weekly movement plan to be managed, planned and communicated to the support managers.
- To have direct involvement with key tasks and issues as part of annual objectives.
- To have written all reports on time.
- Will be required to cover other office sites as and when the business needs.
Essential and Desirable Criteria
- Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 10 certified.
- Active Directory experience.
- Customer Service skills.
- Good communicator verbally and written
- Full driving license
- Willing to travel
- ITIL V3 certified
Willmott Dixon embraces diversity in the workplace.
Flexible working will be considered.
Willmott Dixon is one of the largest privately owned Construction businesses in the UK. Our unique selling point is our people. We are passionate about people, with a real focus and drive around continuous development. We strongly believe that this passion has allowed us the success we have enjoyed in recent years. Above everything else you will be joining a values based business: our values are at the centre of every activity we undertake. Having the right talent, coupled with the right culture and values, ensures that we have a sustained future and a trusted brand in our respective markets.
Willmott Dixon has recently been awarded 4th place in the Sunday Times Best Companies Top 100 to work for and is the first major contractor and developer to win a Queen's Award for Enterprise in the category of sustainable development. We have also been recognised for outstanding investment in communities with a CommunityMark from Business in the Community.
We offer a competitive salary in addition to a comprehensive benefits package* including a company pension scheme, company car or car allowance, life assurance, discounted private medical cover, incentive/bonus schemes, employee trade discounts, and many more. We offer you a bright future, one where you will have the opportunity to develop your career with a fast moving, forward thinking company, who recognize and reward your achievements.
* Benefits may vary dependent upon the role and type of employment contract.