Communications Manager - Flexible Working Available
Are you looking for the Career of a Lifetime? There couldn't be a better time to join Willmott Dixon's IT department at our Head Office in Letchworth. We are currently going through a strategic IT transformation and are rapidly adopting the latest concepts of BI and digital construction. As a part of this we are undertaking an organisational, operational and service transformation.
We are therefore recruiting for key new roles that are tasked with the important job of establishing new capabilities, using IT best practices. We also aim to be world class in offering agile and flexible working practices. This offers you a great working environment and a genuine work-life balance.
We are currently recruiting for a Communications Manager to join our IT team. Working closely with the Group Communications team, you will be responsible for developing and implementing a communications strategy that will positively engage internal stakeholders and raise the profile of the IT function to their customers throughout the business. We welcome applications from people who are looking for an exciting challenge in IT transformation and communications who understand "what good looks like" and who enjoy a lively and fun place to work.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our innovative IT team and take on a role in which you will be able to further raise awareness throughout the wider organisation of the outstanding work being delivered by the IT function to all areas of the business.
Duties and responsibilities with the role will include: -
* To develop and manage the templates and standards for communication outside the IT function. Maintain and drive IT's profile throughout the wider organisation.
* Promote IT Projects and Services in a variety of ways, including roadshows.
* Manage the production of any IT produced literature and utilise the Willmott Dixon media platforms, such as the intranet, Yammer and Skype to its maximum potential.
* To develop and deliver a creative employee engagement and internal communications approach for IT, in line with the function's culture and behaviours.
* Group messages to be reinforced in all communications.
* Work closely with all the IT 'Services' to provide support and guidance about how their Service can be enhanced by better communication.
* Play an active role in developing and delivering cross Company/Group projects that drive improved engagement with, and within, our business.
* Work with Group Communications to support and develop the digital communications systems.
* Ensure that once projects are agreed, they are delivered effectively within IT.
* Develop and manage a knowledge bank of communication resources.
* Management of internal and external Award entries.
* Management of IT events, such as quarterly team meetings.
* Build, support and strengthen collaborative relationships with vendors and stakeholders.
* Assist with enhancing IT recruitment by developing communications to attract a wide pool of diverse talent.
Essential and Desirable Criteria
We are looking for somebody with experience of: -
* Working in a fast-paced dynamic, highly commercial communications role.
* Design skills using InDesign/Photoshop or equivalent.
* Creative thinking.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Delivering value through the identification and implementation of appropriate communication strategies.
* Maximising impact with given resource.
* Making effective use of data capture systems.
Ideally you will have: -
* Degree level, or equivalent work experience.
* Qualification within Marketing
Willmott Dixon embraces diversity in the workplace. Flexible working will be considered.
Willmott Dixon is one of the largest privately owned Construction businesses in the UK. Our unique selling point is our people. We are passionate about people, with a real focus and drive around continuous development. We strongly believe that this passion has allowed us the success we have enjoyed in recent years. Above everything else you will be joining a values based business: our values are at the centre of every activity we undertake.
Having the right talent, coupled with the right culture and values, ensures that we have a sustained future and a trusted brand in our respective markets. Willmott Dixon has recently been awarded 4th place in the Sunday Times Best Companies Top 100 to work for and is the first major contractor and developer to win a Queen's Award for Enterprise in the category of sustainable development. We have also been recognised for outstanding investment in communities with a CommunityMark from Business in the Community.
We offer a competitive salary in addition to a comprehensive benefits package* including a company pension scheme, company car or car allowance, life assurance, discounted private medical cover, incentive/bonus schemes, employee trade discounts, and many more. We offer you a bright future, one where you will have the opportunity to develop your career with a fast moving, forward thinking company, who recognize and reward your achievements. * Benefits may vary dependent upon the role and type of employment contract.