Senior IT Engineer
Are you looking for a Senior IT Engineer role in Liverpool? Here at our offices in Matchworks, Speke, we are adding to our IT team. You will administer and maintain our end user environment, and provide third line support and technical guidance for the end user environment to both our internal Support Teams and our External Provider.
You will have experience of working in a large corporate multi-domain/multi-site organisation, administrating several thousand users and end points and provide a high level of service to our user estate.
As Senior IT Engineer you will:
- Provide third line management and administration for the End User Environment.
- Administration of Active Directory, and associated technologies (GPO, DNS etc).
- Administration, Management and Configuration of System Centre Configuration Manager.
- Administration, Management and Configuration of Anti Virus tool.
- Work alongside our 3rd Party Citrix Environment Provider to manage the environment.
- Administration of Privileged Access Management and Role Based Access.
- Maintaining the security of the End User Environmemt.
- Assist in the design, planning, implementation and optimisation of Amey Technical Infrastructure - including but not limited to Active Directory, Anti Virus, Citrix and SCCM
- Assist with bringing new technologies forward from complex to a day to day maintenance activity
- Review End User Management Systems and determine updates and identify those that merit action.
- Application test, install, configuration and documentation for Citrix environment roll out
- Collaborate with Application Support Teams to maintain software and hardware inventory and ensure software licence compliance
Experience and qualifications
You will have the following experience:
- working in a large corporate multi-domain/multi-site organisation, administrating several thousand users and end points.
- Scripting Skills (Vbscript and Powershell)
- designing, implementing, administering and troubleshooting a Citrix Environment, including performance and capacity
- designing, implementing, administering and troubleshooting Active Directory to manage single and multiple domains
- administration and configuration of System Centre Configuration Manager.
- administration and configuration of an Anti Virus tool for several thousand end points.
- experience of Change Process - including reviewing and approving changes, including risk priority, test, regression, roll back, communication and documentation plans
- a customer service and IT Environment
- working within an SLA driven ITIL-orientated environment
Desirable Experience and Qualifications:
- Experience with Appsense Manager
- Working knowledge of Microsoft App-V and application packaging
- Strong technical skills including a demonstrable ability to assimilate and apply both technical and business process knowledge in troubleshooting situations
- Understanding of Thin Print and Wyse Device Manager
- Experience of HP and Dell Wyse Hardware
Salary and benefits
As Senior IT Engineer you receive a competitive salary (band C), 24 days holiday, contributory pension, and access to a range of Amey savings/benefits.
At Amey we're committed to creating better places for everyone. We take pride in making a difference, but also in being the difference: for the communities we serve, whatever the challenge, whatever the weather. By designing and consulting, building and maintaining, managing and investing in our country's services and infrastructures we create better places to live, work and travel.
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You're surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your wellbeing. There'll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You'll be stretched but always supported. To bring out the better in you. To shine as a better team player or self-starter. To help you commit to better each day, delivering whatever steps it takes, great or small, to create better places for everyone.
We believe that we are what we do.
It's more than just wanting to do better.
At Amey we're proud to be the better
What makes this role unique?
You will assist in the design, planning, implementation and optimisation of Amey technical infrastructure.