We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and proactive Volunteer Recruitment Officer to join a fast growing organisation.
Position: Volunteer Recruitment Officer
Hours: 9am to 5.30pm, Monday to Friday
Salary: £22,300-£24,700 (dependant on experience)
Benefits: 25 days’ annual leave (pro rata for fixed term), employee matched pension contributions, interest-free season ticket and cycle to work loans available, excellent employee assistance programme and free eye tests and a range of innovative flexible working options are available that include flexible start and finish times and working from home options.
Closing Date: 10th December, 5pm
Interview Dates: Tuesday 17th December
The Recruitment Officer position offers the opportunity to lead on exciting regional attraction work to deliver a pipeline of high quality volunteers. You will support targeted research in the region, identify market opportunities and lead all regional operational aspects of the candidate journey from local attraction to on boarding. You will also contribute to delivering an efficient, effective, end to end recruitment service, supporting with selection and retention to ensure outstanding volunteers are recruited to deliver excellent outcomes for schools and pupils we work with.
The position of Recruitment Officer requires the individual to have a proven record of delivering against targets, outstanding customer service, build effective relationships, to harnessing technology to drive process improvements and using creative approaches to recruitment.
- Responsibility for the attraction and selection of high quality volunteers across Greater London by delivering high quality events and presentations to our target market.
- Developing positive recruitment partnerships in target areas to ensure that we reach our recruitment targets.
- Ensure delivery of a successful retention strategy for your region.
- Complete on-boarding checks for our volunteers, including reference and DBS checks.
- Supporting the recruitment team across the year by inputting into local and national strategy.
As Recruitment Officer you will
- Have experience of working within a recruitment, university, college or careers setting with hands on knowledge of recruiting staff or volunteers.
- Be an excellent and experienced relationship builder with an enthusiastic, proactive approach.
- You will be able to think strategically, creating a regional plan to achieve your targets.
- Be passionate about recruiting high quality volunteers.
- Desirably have experience of field sales/recruitment, as well as experience managing online and telephone applications.
- Have a passion for the City Year culture, vision and values.
You will be asked to submit a CV and a cover letter as part of your application detailing your current and previous experience, how this is relevant and/or transferable to the Recruitment Officer role. We are keen to hear about specific recruitment or sales experience that you have alongside any other charity/third sector organisations you may have worked or volunteered for.
Due to the high volume of CVs we receive we can only respond back to the successful candidates. Applications will be assessed as they arrive. Please apply early to avoid disappointment.
Work for an amazing organisation that supports and develops its team and offers some amazing staff benefits including flexible working opportunities. If you want to make a real difference and believe that young people can change the world, we want to hear from you!
About the Organisation
This amazing youth social action charity challenges 18 to 25-year-olds to tackle educational inequality through a year of full-time voluntary service. As mentors, tutors and role models in schools, they support pupils growing up in some of the most disadvantaged areas of the UK.
You may also have experience as Recruitment Coordinator, Recruiter, Volunteer Recruiter, Recruitment Advisor, Recruitment Manager, Recruitment Associate, HR Advisor, Volunteer Coordinator, HR Assistant, Recruitment Associate, Internal Recruiter, Volunteer Recruitment, Recruitment Consultant, Recruitment Executive.