Head of Loans - Flexible Working Available
Are you the go to person when it comes to all things lending? Do you have experience building long lasting relationships? Can you help us build Metro Bank’s loans proposition? If yes, then we may have the role for you!
As the Head Loans, you will look after personal loans in retail and business space. You will have full ownership of your products, including P&L, pricing, performance and risk management. A key part of your role will be delivering our new lending platform for small businesses. You’ll take ownership of all propositional development in the retail and business loans space including leadership of strategic projects. You will have an amazing opportunity to work and build relationships with our key strategic partners.
So what would you be doing?...
• Delivering our new lending platform for small businesses
• Owning the end to end product management of all retail and business loan products
• Establishing a vision and strategic direction for the team, and a roadmap for delivery
• Running a team that looks after our loan products in the retail and business space
• Leading on key unsecured lending initiatives – from tactical fixes and incremental improvement projects to larger, strategic programmes
• Making sure the Loans team is closely aligned with other business functions that support delivery of products to customers
• Representing Loans in leadership forums, risk committees and external meetings with regulators and third parties
You need to be this kind of person…
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Prepared to stick at something – we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things…
• In order to be amazing in this role, you’ll need extensive end to end product management experience, you may have been a Lead Product Manager or Head of Banking Products with team management skills
• Naturally you will have an understanding of propositional development process, product innovation and business case development
• We need you to have commercial and financial modelling experience and knowledge of core IT concepts
• Understanding of banking regulation and the regulatory environment is really important
• It would be great if you are able to map and analyse customer journeys draw insights from customer feedback
• Ideally you will have great negotiation skills and experience building and running partnerships with third parties
Diverse teams really are the best teams. We know that candidates (especially women, research tells us) may be put off applying for a job unless they can tick every box. We also know that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t always doable, and while we can’t accommodate every flexible working request we are happy to be asked. So if you are excited about working with us and think you can do much of what we are looking for but aren’t sure if you are 100% there yet… why not give it a whirl? Please note that sometimes we may close a job earlier for applications if we are inundated with amazing candidates.. Good luck!