Business Development & Consulting Manager
Amey TPT is a UK based strategic management consultancy and property asset management company. We are a core property asset management business generating market-leading ancillary revenues for clients plus a complimentary consulting business operating primarily, but not exclusively, in the transport sector. Our directors, consultants and management teams have extensive experience of the rail and air industries - from strategic planning and policy to individual station / property commercialisation and development.
This role will lead Amey TPT's drive for new business in the core transport sector and will set the strategy for the company to expand into adjacent markets. It is essential that the successful candidate is also able to project manage and deliver top quality consulting projects.
What is the purpose of this role?
The successful candidate will work as part of the senior leadership team of Amey TPT, within Amey's Consulting and Rail business, responsible for strategic business development in the company's core rail business and responsible for leading expansion into adjacent markets including hospitals, universities, airports. An additional aspect of the role will be the planning, project management and delivery of first-class consulting projects. This role reports into Amey TPT's Account Director and will involve close collaboration with the Commercial Director and other members of the senior leadership team.
This role is based in Central London with flexible working arrangements offered. Nationwide travel will be required.
What will this role involve?
- Supports the Account Director, Commercial Director and the SLT in developing business unit strategy and annual business planning in line with financial targets
- Identifies new markets and customers to target in order to expand and diversify the business
Business Development & Pipeline
- Seeks out and develops new strategic business opportunities in line with the business strategy
- Representation at industry conferences to develop market insight & business relationships
- Pipeline and order book analysis
- Pipeline management (using Microsoft Dynamics CRM); ensuring the business pipeline remains accurate and up-to-date
- Works with the business unit to identify and pursue growth opportunities, including the cross selling of enhanced services and framework opportunities
Customer / Market
- Develop and manage key client relationships, acting as the face of Amey TPT
- Attend and provide updates to meetings to share information and knowledge on market sectors
- Understand and analyse competitor information
- Support, develop and drive a culture of customer centricity
- As required support consulting projects by originating materials
- Take sole responsibility for planning, project managing and delivering consulting projects with the team's support
- Contributes to various stages of the bidding process, where appropriate
What are we looking for?
- Degree (2:1) or equivalent
- Bidding, business development or project management qualifications beneficial
- Knowledge of UK commercial landlord & tenant legislation beneficial
- Experience working in the consultancy market is essential, ideally with experience of working in a consulting environment involving commercialisation of built assets.
- A proven delivery of consulting projects is essential
- Strong interpersonal & written communication skills, with an ability to develop effective relationships with clients and colleagues at all business levels
- Strong understanding of industry and markets e.g. Rail
- Track record in delivering business growth
- Has a proven track record operating in a large corporate environment
Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition, you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year.
Amey is an equal opportunities employer