Network Infrastructure Engineer
A rare and exciting role has become available for an experienced Network Infrastructure Engineer to join Amey's Defence Services division on a permanent basis.
Primarily this role is focussed on supporting the Amey Defence Services IT infrastructure although there will be opportunities to support the wider AMEY Group IT BAU and Infrastructure Architecture teams.
This role is based primarily in Buckshaw, Lancashire but expect regular travel across the UK mainly to our centre of excellence in Liverpool as well occasional to our two Data Centres and 140+ sites across the country
As Network Infrastructure Engineer you will be expected to be a confident self-starter, collaborative but authoritative decision maker as well as a critical thinker and capable communicator. You will need to learn fast and work independently whilst having a consultative and innovative approach.
You will also:
- Assist in the planning, implementation and optimisation of the network infrastructure
- Develop and maintain automated monitoring and recovery of network services.
- Ensure all elements of the network are properly secured and regularly patched
- Ensure the infrastructure never deviates from the accredited design
- Liaise and work closely with the Amey group IT team to ensure technical solutions are implemented and are fit for purpose
- Ensure adherence to industry security governance frameworks/laws (eg ISO27001/GDPR)
- Occasionally work non-core business hours
- At all times, follow operating procedures and SyOps policies from both company and MOD security officers
- Demonstrate Amey Values
Skills and Experience required?
- Demonstrable experience in supporting a large highly secure/defence focussed enterprise network infrastructure
- Hold one or more relevant network related qualifications - Ideally CCNA/CCNP - but also able to show knowledge and skill across multiple diverse technologies
- Experience managing complex network infrastructures including change management, availability, performance and capacity planning of network infrastructure components.
- Experience in managing multi-vendor firewall environments
- Experience in managing large multi-site MPLS networks
- Demonstrates ability to implement and meet targets.
- Has proven ability to take responsibility for the systems they support
- Demonstrate a high level of self-motivation
- Able to show leadership and provide mentorship and instruction to junior colleagues
- Demonstrates the ability to translate technical jargon into simple language for customers.
- Demonstrate strong analytical capability
- Excellent logical problem solver
- Has the ability to automate repetitive and time consuming tasks
Salary and benefits
Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and 24 days holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year.
Security Clearance Statement
SECURITY CLEARANCE Statement - In order to be a successful applicant for this role the following apply:
- You must be a British Citizen
- You must be willing to apply for and successfully receive Security Clearance (SC) as well as sign the Official Secrets Act
- Refusal to apply for clearance or sign the act will prevent your application from proceeding
- Failure to receive Security Clearance will put your continued employment at risk.