Our client is recruiting for a caring and positive thinking Support Worker, to join their service in Newark. A specialist service for young people aged 16-21 years old, supporting them to access education, training or employment, to find permanent accommodation, aiming to build the skills, confidence and independence of young people.
Location: Newark, Nottinghamshire - easily commutable by bus and a short 10 minutes’ walk away from Newark Train Station
Salary: £16,816 - £19,088 per annum (£8.74 - £9.92 per hour)
Hours: Full time - 37 hours per week
Closing Date: 12th December 2019
Interview Date: 18th December 2019
This is a full time 37 hours per week role. Flexibility is required to work on a rota basis. Branching Out Newark works 7 days a week between the hours of 7am and 10pm on a rota basis, 365 days a year.
As well as a great benefits package and flexible, family friendly working policies, our client fully supports the career progression of their staff and on-going training is provided, as well as opportunities to progress within the organisation. In short, it’s a great place to work!
About the role of Support Worker:
As a Support Worker, you will work in a friendly and supportive team who promote healthy lives through building resilience and wellbeing, you will be expected to:
- Attend meetings with statutory agencies
- Advocate on behalf of young people
- Liaise with other professionals to ensure successful and positive outcomes are achieved
- Offer assistance with practical tasks such as: shopping, cooking, cleaning and budgeting.
- Advise service users on how to manage all areas of tenancy management such as paying bills, being a good neighbour and understanding how to run a home.
If you're creative, resilient and passionate about improving the lives of young people then this is the job for you! You will have an understanding of the challenges young people face in the current climate and will work hard to overcome these, using a strengths based model of support.
Challenging behaviour and remaining enthusiastic is key in this role as you will enhance and maximise the opportunities available to service users.
It is desirable if you have a full driving licence and access to a car as you may be required to travel to a variety of locations around the County in the course of your work.
You will be working in a job where every day you get to make a real difference to the lives of young people…
“Watching a young person reach their potential and achieve their goals is the best feeling”. – Current Support Worker at Branching Out Newark.
You will also receive a fantastic benefits package:
- c36.5 days leave a year with additional 2 days after 5 years service
- Healthcare Cash Back Plan worth up to £1200 per year on your routine healthcare costs e.g. Dentist, opticians etc.
- Company Pension Scheme options with contributions matched by our client and includes life assurance cover
- Enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption pay
- Free enhanced DBS check where applicable
- £250 for successful referral of a friend/family member to work at the organisation
- Employee Recognition Scheme
- Great learning & development and qualification opportunities
- Discounted bus passes and gym membership, discounts and cashback at major retailers
- Free access to employee Advice Line; offering a 24-hour confidential advice service to discuss work or home related concerns with professional advisors
As an Equal Opportunities and Disability Confident Employer, our client welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates including those from Black, Asian and minority ethnic (BAME) groups and disabled candidates. As part of their LGBT + Allies Programme, they also welcome applications from members of the LGBT + community and encourage inclusivity in the workplace.
Whilst experience is not essential as full training will be provided we very much welcome previous experience working as: Support Worker, Home Carer, Care Worker, Health Care Assistant, Support Worker, Nurses, Social Care Worker, Care Assistant, Mental Health Care Worker, Voluntary Worker.