Software Engineer - Mortgages - Flexible Working Available
Are you someone who is interested in having your work impact millions of lives and also have fun while doing it? If yes, come help us build the bank of the future.
Lloyds Banking Group is changing. We're rapidly transforming into a digitally-led business on a massive scale in order to better serve our customers. We're already the largest provider of digital banking products in the UK, with over 12 million active online customers and nearly 8 million active mobile banking customers. It means a big opportunity for you to be part of ground-breaking transformation and it means there's never been a more exciting time to join.
With our breadth, reach and diversity, we can offer excellent opportunities for career growth and development. And we are looking for people who can seize those opportunities; you'll get plenty of support but it's about taking the initiative, building relationships and making it happen. Do this and you can help us make a positive difference to our customers, our colleagues and our communities.
What you will do:
- Deliver reliable, scalable and functional software created within Public Cloud (Azure)
- Guide the feature team technically and aid technical decisions
- Coach other engineers in the feature team to ensure the appropriate development is in place and support where necessary.
- Drive and support agile ways of working.
- You are able to prioritize technical debt and value delivery keeping both tactical and strategic challenges in mind.
- You will drive and support where necessary on key architecture decisions.
- You will support on strategic system and process improvements, interventions and upgrades.
- You will apply modern engineering practices to deliver business value to the customer.
- Comfortable educating both technical and non-technical colleagues about engineering.
- Promote DevOps culture and practices.
What we are looking for:
- Strong Software Engineering background and deep knowledge of agile development practices, TDD/BDD, automated builds, continuous integration, code quality metrics etc.
- Experience across the entire software development life-cycle from inception, through build to production
- You have strong experience with testing patterns, frameworks and their roles. Examples like Jest, Cypress, Selenium, Cucumber, Gatling.
- You have experience with build tools like NPM, Jenkins2/Circle CI, Nexus, Sonar, GIT.
- You have delivered microservices to production before.
- Experience with Docker containers and exposure to container orchestration tools like Kubernetes
- You appreciate and acknowledge the impact of system design decisions on scalability, resilience and supportability.
- Experience of RESTful API design and architecture patterns, messaging technologies (Kafka, MQ)
- Exposure to deployment and monitoring tools like Chef / Ansible , Splunk, Urbancode, Appdynamics, Prometheus etc
- Exposure to delivering services through Continuous Delivery.
- Exposure to Systems Thinking.
- Exposure to one or many public cloud platforms: GCP, AWS, Azure
We've fostered an inclusive and collaborative learning environment that supports your career goals and encourages knowledge-sharing while providing the flexibility, autonomy and freedom to help build market leading products that exceed our competitor's offerings, from the established banks to the market disrupters.
If that appeals to you we welcome your application.