Software Developer - Flexible Working Available
Are you looking for the Career of a Lifetime? There couldn't be a better time to join Willmott Dixon's IT department at our Head Office in Letchworth. We are currently going through a strategic IT transformation to move to the cloud and are rapidly adopting the latest concepts of BI and digital construction.
As a part of this we are undertaking an organisational, operational and service transformation. We are therefore recruiting for key new roles that are tasked with the important job of establishing new capabilities, using IT best practices.
We also aim to be world class in offering agile and flexible working practices. This offers you a great working environment and a genuine work-life balance.
We would welcome applications from people who are looking for an exciting challenge in IT transformation, who understand "what good looks like" and who enjoy a lively and fun place to work. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a talented IT team and take on a role in which you will be able directly implement change and shape the strategy and vision of the IT function in the years ahead.
We are currently recruiting for a Software Developer to join our busy in-house development team. We follow the Scrum methodology and work closely with our internal customers to deliver high quality software. Our projects span across Finance, Operations, Purchasing, Legal and Sales. We believe in following industry standard best practices. Our technology stack includes C#, ASP.Net, .Net Core, Typescript, MVC, Web API, Angular, TDD, Entity Framework, MS SQL Server 2012, Visual Studio 2015 and TFS.
Key Responsibilities / Objectives
- Provide high quality software development expertise for Willmott Dixon software applications.
- Recommend solutions to identified requirements using the most appropriate communication method.
- Build and maintain good collaborative working-relationships with internal and external project stakeholders.
- Organise and manage own workload effectively to meet all project timescales and manager's expectations.
- Actively contribute to IS projects as required.
- Collaborate with the Digital Business Partner in identifying areas for improvement and maintain a good knowledge of emerging best practices in the field of software development.
- Provide a designated level of application support to end users and other IS personnel.
- Perform unit testing of developments prior to release.
- Maintain database views, tables and data mapping in support of software development requirements.
Essential and Desirable Criteria
- Experience using .NET, .NET CORE and C#.
- Experience using Angular, Typescript, CSS, SCSS.
- Application development using TDD.
- Experience using Entity framework, SQL server, Lamar, Unity.
- Experience working in Agile/scrum environment.
- Experience in SDLC.
- Cloud development experience - Azure.
- Experience using Azure DevOps.
- Experience using Frontend test framework jasmine, karma.
- PowerShell, DSC.
Willmott Dixon offer over 100 top-class learning programmes designed to provide individuals with the opportunity for personal growth. In particular the Willmott Dixon Management and Leadership Programmes are designed to provide development for our next generation of leaders. They are designed to support all individuals whether they are joining us mid-career or as graduates, trainees or apprentices. We offer personal Pluralsight and MSDN accounts to train on latest technologies in Web development. We also offer different Microsoft and BCS certifications as part of a personal development plan.
Willmott Dixon embraces diversity in the workplace.
Flexible working will be considered.
Willmott Dixon is one of the largest privately owned Construction businesses in the UK. Our unique selling point is our people. We are passionate about people, with a real focus and drive around continuous development. We strongly believe that this passion has allowed us the success we have enjoyed in recent years. Above everything else you will be joining a values based business: our values are at the centre of every activity we undertake. Having the right talent, coupled with the right culture and values, ensures that we have a sustained future and a trusted brand in our respective markets.
Willmott Dixon has very recently been awarded 4th place in the Sunday Times Best Companies Top 100 to work for and is the first major contractor and developer to win a Queen's Award for Enterprise in the category of sustainable development. We have also been recognised for outstanding investment in communities with a CommunityMark from Business in the Community.
We offer a competitive salary in addition to a comprehensive benefits package* including a company pension scheme, company car or car allowance, life assurance, discounted private medical cover, incentive/bonus schemes, employee trade discounts, and many more. We offer you a bright future, one where you will have the opportunity to develop your career with a fast moving, forward thinking company, who recognize and reward your achievements.
* Benefits may vary dependent upon the role and type of employment contract.