Civil & Structural Engineer
Lendlease are expanding our Engineering team in Manchester in response to our exciting pipeline of work, including major local projects Our Town Hall and St Johns Quarter. We are recruiting a Civil & Structural Engineer, whose role will primarily be to provide technical support to our Development and Construction businesses at bid, preconstruction, procurement and construction delivery stages. Successful candidates must have the ability to, or previous experience of, temporary works design and checking so as to ensure that construction methodologies are in accordance with safety best practice. You will be based at our office in Salford Quays with regular opportunities to visit our site offices to work in close collaboration with our project teams, external consultants and subcontractors. We are seeking a technically capable, ambitious, well organised, collaborative individual with a can do attitude, who can actively drive design safety best practice, sustainability, buildability, innovation, quality, and apply lessons learnt for continuous improvement.
- Contribute to complex engineering design assignments which may include planning, feasibility studies, surveys, design layouts, specifications, bills of quantities, materials lists and cost estimates to ensure compliance with legislative and company requirements
- May contribute to design engineering activities, contributing to the formulation of design programmes, reviewing processes and providing recommendations as applicable to ensure the achievement of quality and profit objectives.
- May review technical and/or structural design work and provide expert, technical input on technical drafting issues and/or applicable compliance requirements, investigating and proactively recommending improvement to ensure delivery in accordance with relevant standards and within agreed timeframe and budgetary parameters.
- Monitor costs and utilisation targets, identifying issues and budget overrun, escalating as appropriate and providing expert input and/or recommendations to ensure effective cost management within the designated area.
- Maintain current knowledge and keep abreast of current and emerging developments, trends and applicable current legislative requirements affecting all aspects of technical design.
- Recommend changes to design policies and processes to facilitate continuous improvement and ensure the best approach to Construction and Engineering projects. ;
- Engineering degree
- Working towards Professional Qualification with ICE or IStructE
- Competent IT skills, experience of design software and analysis packages
- Knowledge of Civil and Structural Engineering design, including Temporary Works
- Understanding of construction process and methods
- Flexible, open approach and willingness to work as team player
- Experience of working effectively in a team and delivering to challenging deadlines
- Knowledge of current regulations, standards, procedures including CDM
- Experience of project planning and resource allocation
- Management of junior staff and development of their skills
- Experience of collaborating with clients, external consultants, subcontractors
- Good communication and presentation skills - verbal, sketching, drawing
- Continuous Professional Development training records
- AutoCAD and BIM capable
- Holder of CSCS card for Project Managers
- Change Agility, Decision Making, Planning and Organising, Problem Solving and Analytical Thinking, Technology and Process, Verbal Communication, Written Communication.