Project Manager - Intelligent Transport Systems
Amey Consulting have an opportunity for a Project Manager within our Intelligent Transport/Intelligent Mobility team.
The Intelligent Mobility team is dedicated to re shaping our industry today, for the future; developing a deep understanding of future technology will enable more efficient and accessible transport solutions. The projects this team work on are all innovation led; such as Co-Operative ITS, Connected and Autonomous Mobility, Electric Vehicles and Environmental.
Reporting to the Technical Director, you will add capacity to the existing project management team and release our design engineers to focus on delivering technical design solutions. Based in our International Design Hub in Birmingham you will work on several intricate projects concurrently across the UK which range from <£20k to £2M-£5M. As Project Manager you will lead on project planning, financial planning (including tender opportunities) and liaising with the design team and technical (delivery) contractors.
Your role will include:
- Managing projects with a largely technical element
- Dealing with technical subcontractors, including those in specialist IT domains including computer networking, data management, analysis and software and hardware development
- Use of requirement tracking tools eg JIRA
- Leading research or innovation projects with multiple partners including research institutions and SMEs, eg funded through InnovateUK, EU (Horizon 2020), etc
This role is at the forefront of innovation within Transport technology, and offers the opportunity to manage unique projects.
We are very open to supporting flexible working around core hours and some working from home.
We want to hear from you if you have:
- Significant post-graduate experience including previous experience in a related industry sector (Engineering/IT/Software) with experience in the management of design projects
- A Degree or equivalent qualification in a suitable engineering or technical discipline
- Ideally, Prince 2 qualification
- Membership of recognised engineering / project management institution
- Computer literate and thoroughly conversant with MS Office suite and experienced in the use of project management software - MS Project, Primevera
- Knowledge of financial and contract management control systems
- Able to implement and support a customer-centric approach
- Demonstrates ability to implement and meet targets
Please note that this role will require travel across the UK, most likely London, Oxford, West Yorkshire and the North West.