Are you seeking a Solution Architect role? As part of our on-going commitment to support development & growth across Amey through innovative technology & data enabled solutions, we are seeking a Solution Architect to join our Strategy, Architecture and Security team within Group IT. We currently have an extensive pipeline of IT Demand including internal digital transformation and bids for new work. There are significant opportunities for the group to improve & grow, and we are looking for a Solution Architect to help us maximise & shape these. Amey is a diverse business operating in several business sectors, and this role offers the successful candidate a great opportunity to broaden their skills & experience within these.
We are happy to take applications from experienced Solution Architects or applicants who are early in their careers as one.
What are we looking for?
- IT architecture experience or a related discipline and/or relevant experience as a Business Analyst or Line of Business Application Developer
- Experience of directly working within one or more of the IT architecture domains would be advantageous
- Demonstrable business analysis and analytical skills
- Experience in preparing and ideally costing IT solution proposals
- Working in an IT consultancy or pre-sales environment highly desirable
- Experience of working within enterprise digital transformation projects ideally in an architect role
- Excellent presentation skills both verbal and written
- Technology / product and service portfolio awareness related to a market sector, ideally within one or more sectors in which Amey operates
- Designing/delivering solutions using one or more well-known technology platforms or COTS packages
- Experience working within IT ideally in an analysis, research and/or assistance role
- Experience working with large IT service providers, system integrators and/or vendors
- Degree in IT or equivalent related discipline and/or training for these qualifications
- Customer facing, relationship management and senior stakeholder engagement capability
- Knowledge of Enterprise Architecture frameworks (e.g. TOGAF, Zachman, MODAF) preferred, ideally with valid certification
- Understanding of recent technology trends and how this might be applied in the workplace, ideally applicable to sectors in which Amey operate
- Use of cloud services (e.g. IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) within enterprise solutions
- Strong information security knowledge/awareness would be advantageous
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Hold a valid driving license for the UK
- Current or previous UK government security clearance to at least basic level would be preferred, with the ability to achieve at least basic level essential
Salary and Benefits
The role will be based in our Liverpool office, although Birmingham might be an option for the right candidate. UK wide travel to other Amey/client offices will be required from time to time.
This role offers the successful candidate:
- Competitive salary (band C)
- Contributory company pension scheme
- 24 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- A flexible working policy that provides opportunities to work from home
- Flexible benefits scheme
- Employee discount scheme