Business Development Executive - Full Time or flexible working i.e part time/term time
If you’ve wanted to be part of a great team and feel like you are doing something really worthwhile, then look no further! We turn the news into lessons for thousands of school children every day, and we are growing fast.
The Day and The Day Explorer are the leading current affairs websites for primary and secondary schools. We are looking for Sales Executives to grow the business. We will offer you the flexible working pattern you need (you could work part-time, full-time or term-time only for example) and the opportunity to develop yourself, be successful and contribute to children’s understanding of the world they are growing up in.
You will be acting as a pioneer – our customers love our service but not enough schools know about us. Your mission will be to reach out to prospective school subscribers and convert them into new customers, meeting your regular sales target. You will need to love getting on the phone as you will be conducting demos of the resources and handling our welcome process. You will work within our CRM (Spirit) tracking leads and opportunities and setting up new subscriptions. You will work closely with the marketing, membership engagement, IT and editorial teams to build good relationships with schools and groups, encouraging them to use the service regularly. You will sometimes visit schools to sell a membership and gain feedback on the service from teachers to pass on to our editorial and renewals teams.
● Strong and persistent selling skills, including being a good listener. You will enjoy pitching and closing new business, prospecting and pipeline management.
● At least five years’ working experience and at least three years in a sales role.
● Great written communication skills that compliment your ability to have engaging and clear phone conversations. You will need fluent spoken English.
● Ability to build and maintain good relationships with colleagues at all levels
● An enthusiastic team player who is motivated to meet targets; we want people on board who consistently want to raise the bar versus their targets
● Good IT skills and presentation skills
If you have any of the following experience then it will be a distinct advantage too: an interest in current affairs, experience selling subscriptions or memberships, experience selling in the education market or teaching experience.
How to apply:
Send a cover letter letting us know why you would be great in the role (no more than one page) and your CV by clicking 'apply now'.