Quality Business Partner
Amey are the people behind the public services you use every day - from roads, railways and schools to waste disposal, airports or the energy and water you use in your home; nearly every person in the UK will benefit from at least one Amey service each day.
We provide a range of professional, civil engineering, construction and maintenance services across the utilities sector into clients such as United Utilities, Severn Trent, Scottish Power and National Grid. Managing and delivering big project solutions as well as repair and maintenance activities, Amey are a renowned, respected and innovative tier 1 supplier across the industry.
What will this role involve?
Our aim is to create better places for people across the UK to work, live & travel whilst achieving zero harm to our people, the public & the environment and we believe that to do this we need to have the right culture & behaviours in place.
As the Quality Business Partner, for our Utilities Business you will support the HSEQ Director and members of the leadership team to formulate effective compliance and improvement plans aligned to Amey's Quality strategy and those of our customers to support a learning culture that is focused on influencing behaviours Key duties are as follows:
- Assist the BU Lead for HSEQ in the development and maintenance of the BU IMS
- Providing proactive, professional direction and support
- Acting as a commercially aware, focused and business minded
- Provide 'value-added' support to operational Directors so that they can effectively discharge their responsibilities specifically relating to Quality
- Applying best practice Quality solutions that meet the business needs
- Play a key role in the Governance of both internal and external audits by Client's and Certification bodies to maintain the standards required
What are we looking for?
Ideally you will be a 'Chartered' Quality Professional Member (CQP MCQI) however, in the absence of this professional qualification, demonstrable Quality management experience is essential, together with a recognised qualification as a Lead Auditor and a degree level qualification in a related discipline. Experience in the Utilities/construction sector would be advantageous although not essential.
If successful you will have a bespoke development plan created for you, aimed at maximising your effectiveness in the role which will represent a genuine commitment to achieving a step-change in value-added support to Amey.