As experts in our field Amey Consulting are involved in numerous projects across highways in the Scotland region and as a result we are looking to bolster out teams with the appointment of Civil Engineers. Ideally you will have a background in highways design, structural design or transport planning and modelling.
The Civil Engineer will support a Senior Engineer to ensure the following:
- Compliance with all relevant technical standards.
- Delivery of all specified project outcomes on time and within budget.
- Advice and guidance in provided for staff and professional development is actively pursued.
The role and responsibilities of the Civil Engineer will involve:
- Implement the project requirements to fully meet client specification with relevant standards.
- Undertake any work of a technical nature that falls within ability and competence.
- Prepare and check design approach, calculations drawing and documents.
- Carry out site visits and surveys, inspections and supervise sub-contractors.
- Engage in client and third-party liaison.
- Keep up to date with industry best practice and apply this within a team environment.
- Be confident to work under minimum supervision and check the work of others.
To be successful as a Civil Engineer we would look for the following:
- Incorporated Engineering status (IEng through ICE, CIHT, IHE or IStructE)
- Experience of delivering competent designs of minor and major road schemes for trunk and local roads.
- Good CAD and traffic modelling skills.
- Working knowledge of Cycle by Design, Roads for all and Sustrans Design documents.
- Experience in roads, structures or traffic and transportation.
Joining Amey Consulting as a Civil Engineer you can expect a competitive salary, generous holiday entitlement and pension as well as flexible benefits that Amey offer.
In addition to this if you are looking to gain your chartered status this is something we will fully support, and we also offer a bonus once this is achieved.
Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That's why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ.