Product Owner - Flexible Working Available
Closing date for completed applications: 8th January 2020
Face to face interviews: 16th / 17th January 2020
L&Q’s Innovation Team was set up to accelerate the transformation of our customer and employee experience. We are now looking for a talented Product Owner to work with our business teams and customers, leading on the design of automated services including Voice Assistant, Chat Bot and Robot Process Automation.
Successful candidates will bring a passion for improving service delivery, acting as the lead representative for assigned product areas. Working with teams across L&Q they will be responsible for ensuring that the requirements of both customers and colleagues remain paramount during the development process. As a driving force in the development process they will; translate requirements into clear user stories; act to motivate the agile delivery team; present a clear vision of goals at the each of each iteration cycle; manage the product backlog; and contribute to the future direction of assigned products.
A large part of the upcoming work for L&Q is setting out to put in place customer facing and associated back office processes that are ‘digital-ready’, and the chosen candidate will be part of a wider L&Q team working to achieve this goal. In particular, they will need to work closely with colleagues in the process review, IT architecture and development teams. Successful engagement with these teams and a wider range of colleagues across L&Q, will be the key to effectively embedding new systems.
The successful candidates will possess:
· Proven experience of designing and delivering prototypes and working with cross functional teams in the delivery of iterative, continual change
· The ability to understand architectural frameworks, data flows and current / future digital technology trends to design future-ready services
· Experience of working within a digital product delivery environment
· Knowledge of working in a software development environment – delivering cross-functional customer facing products.
· The capability to acquire in depth knowledge of L&Q’s business processes and systems.
· Strong engagement skills, able to interact in a clear, sensitive but persuasive manner
· Well-developed problem-solving skills and an analytical mind-set
· The ability to self-manage goals, targets and outputs
· A sound grasp of project management techniques.
At L&Q, people are at the heart of our business and our success depends on employing the best people and getting the best from them. This is why we are committed to developing our people. It's only by investing in a well-trained and motivated workforce that we can continue to prosper and sustain business success.
In addition to our support and training, the successful candidate will have access to our full suite of benefits including 26 days holiday rising to 31 days with length of service, annual bonus subject to group performance, excellent Pension scheme, Benenden Healthcare, an employee assistance programme and non-contributory life assurance.
We are committed to supporting your work-life balance and recognise the changing demands and circumstances in life. Please let us know during the recruitment process if you’re interested in part time working or job sharing. In addition, should your circumstances change once you have joined L&Q, you can also request flexible working arrangements, e.g. a change to working hours - if it’s feasible then we’ll make it happen.
We are recognised externally for our commitment to inclusion. We are a Stonewall Diversity Champion, a Disability Confident (Committed) employer and have signed the Time to Change Employer Pledge to demonstrate our commitment to end mental health discrimination in the workplace.
We expect all of our employees to support our environmental policy and social responsibility work. We are an employer committed to environmental and social responsibility.