Scheme Assurance Manager (12 month FTC – Maternity Cover) - Part Time & Flexible Working Available
Full-Time or Part-Time Considered
This is a 12-month position with flexibility for full time or part time working hours. We would also consider applications from those interested in a job share or school working hours.
The role is located at our London office in Canary Wharf and the salary range is £40,179 to £42,000 plus benefits.
Nest is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applicants from all the nine protected characteristics.
The Scheme Assurance Manager will work in the Service Management and Assurance Directorate. The Scheme Assurance team plays an integral role in ensuring the smooth running of NEST, confirming the presence and efficacy of all controls relating to the operation of the scheme by its administrator, internal NEST directorates and other key service suppliers. It also manages the reporting of the scheme administrator’s performance against a set of established Service Level Agreements and carries out an annual exercise to establish the quality of the data held by the scheme.
The Scheme Admin Assurance team works closely with the operations and compliance teams at TCS, who are the NEST Scheme Administrator, as well as other third parties and the Compliance, Product and Testing teams within NEST Corporation.
This role sits at the heart of NEST, helping the organisation to identify, review and update a number of controls, ensuring all of them are accurately documented. The role offers a unique opportunity to engage with audit and compliance activity ensuring that monitoring and reporting is properly updated and communicated effectively.
Key skills and experience
The Scheme Assurance Manager will need to have;
- Operational experience gained within a financial services environment
- Familiarity with pension scheme operations would be a distinct advantage
- Experience in successfully carrying out a similar role with a requirement for a high level of analytical activity and/or problem solving operational management within Pensions industry or Financial Services
Personal attributes required
The role will require someone with the following personal attributes:
- Ability to grasp complex concepts and information
- Understand operational detail while retaining the ability to see the bigger picture
- Ability to manage and effectively prioritise workload with an attention to detail
- Self-motivated and resilient
- Ability to successfully manage high profile projects within the team and other key stakeholder deliverables
- Identify and report issues to management in a timely manner
- A confident communicator with strong presentational and listening skills
- Able to forge good relationship with internal and external stakeholders
The application closing date is Thursday 19th December 2019