Childrens Support Worker
Highbridge Resourcing are a specialist Social Care recruitment agency working with and recruiting for a leading Children's care provider.
We are currently seeking experienced and motivated Support Workers to work with our clients across Gloucestershire delivering the highest standard of 1-2-1 support to children and young adults in independent living accommodation.
The service supports clients that require 24 hour independent living support so you will be required to work long days (15hrs) and sleepins as part of a rota. Full and part time work available depending on how many days you want to do.
You will provide support and independent living skills to various clients by utilising your skills and training. As a childrens support worker you will be responsible for the physical and mental wellbeing of the service users, whilst having an understanding and non-judgemental attitude. You will work with various service users including children and young adults with emotional, social and behavioural difficulties.
Your duties may include:
- Providing high standard of support to all services users
- Promoting and encouraging independent living
- Supporting and encouraging the clients to engage with employers, education centres
- You may work with several clients across a floating support service so a car driver and vehicle would be advantageous.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have an NVQ level 3 in children’s and young people services, or equivalent
- Be a driver with access to own transport
- Have at least 6 months paid experience in childrens/young people or similar support worker role
- Have excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Be motivated, flexible, and reliable
- A current DBS or happy to undertake a new one
If you would like to register for this exciting opportunity, then don’t hesitate and apply today!
For further information on this position, please apply today.
If successful, due to the nature of the role, you will be required to undergo an Enhanced DBS, and be able to provide references.
Please note: only those with relevant experience will be contacted.