Senior Civil Design Engineer - Airports
The Airport Infrastructure sector within Amey Consulting is growing and as a result we are looking to appoint a Senior Civil Design Engineer to join our Airports team. You will be involved on exciting projects and bids and in return receive a competitive salary and flexible benefits package.
As the Senior Civil Design Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Delivering all the specified project design outcomes on time, within budget and to the quality required.
- Comply with all relevant technical standards including; ICAO, EASA, CAA and local airport planning and engineering standards.
- Produce, check and present design concepts and options, design details, drawings, specifications and other technical documents.
- Develop designs including runways, taxiways, stands and roads in accordance with the client's requirements.
- Assist in the preparation of bids and the management of individual design projects.
- Prepare and monitor the budget for projects including the planning and reporting of project resources and finances.
To be successful as the Senior Civil Design Engineer you will have the following:
- Degree qualified within Civil Engineering or related industry discipline.
- Qualified to either CEng, MICE, CMIHT or MIStructE is desirable.
- Demonstrable experience in designing infrastructure projects including pavements and associated services. Airport design work would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of ICAO, EASA and CAA regulations.
- Design of foul and storm water drainage, fire mains, hydrant refuelling, pits and ducts and stand services.
- Computer literate and conversant with Office 365 and engineering software - AutoCAD, AutoCAD Civil 3D and AviPLAN.
- Background in either Highways, Airports, Ports or associated sectors as a Senior Civil Design Engineer.
As the Senior Civil Design Engineer, you will join the UK's leading consultancy arm of Amey with a competitive salary, pension and flexible benefits on offer.
Amey has a long and proud history supporting a wide variety of clients in airport infrastructure over the last 80 years, delivering airside and landside design, construction and maintenance. This role is in support of our continued growth and increasing workload and provides a unique chance to join a highly skilled airport design team who are passionate about delivering excellence to our clients.
Amey's airfield specialism focusses on; airside planning, asset management, civil engineering design and rehabilitation, pavement assessment, airfield stand services, ancillary facilities, aeronautical ground lighting (AGL) and aerodrome safeguarding. We have a highly-respected team within the UK Airport industry:
- Our team has long-standing relationships with the Project, Engineering and Airside Operations Teams at the major civil airports in the UK with continuity stretching back 25 years.
- We have active major projects at Heathrow, Gatwick, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Aberdeen and Stansted along with a growing order book.
- We are working alongside some of the UK's largest contractors in the design and build market.
- We are delivering design, consultancy services and expert advice to aviation sector clients including Airbus, Amey Defence/MOD and others.
- We are developing new and existing technologies to deliver innovation in the form of drones and asset management.