Principal Civil Engineer - Airports
As the Airport Infrastructure sector within Amey Consulting continues to win more projects we are looking to boost the team with the appointment of a Principal Civil Engineer to join the existing team. This role is to lead and help shape the future of our specialist design team.
As the Principal Civil Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Manage a full programme of design projects across our range of Airport partnerships.
- Prepare, check and present design concepts and options, design details, drawing and specifications and other technical documents.
- Develop designs including runways, taxiways, stands and roads.
- Check options analysis reports, survey briefs, design calculations and input into project health and safety files.
- Comply with all relevant technical standards including ICAO, EASA, CAA and local airport planning and engineering standards.
- Prepare and monitor the budget for projects including the panning monitoring and reporting of project resources and finances.
- Assist in the preparation of bids.
- Provide guidance, professional development and training for less experienced staff.
To be successful as the Principal Civil Engineer you will have the following:
- Degree within Civil Engineering or associated discipline.
- Chartered status - Ceng + MICE, CMIHT or MIStructE or be on your way to achieving this.
- Demonstrable post qualification experience designing infrastructure projects including pavements and associated services - Airport design work is preferable however Highways and Port would also be considered.
- Experience of leading the coordination of multi-disciplined design teams to include Electrical and Structural Engineers.
- Be able to deal with clients, project partners and supply chain.
- Computer literate within Office 365 and engineering software AutoCAD, AutoCAD Civil 3D and AviPLAN.
As the Principal Civil Engineer, you will join the UK's leading consultancy arm of Amey with a competitive salary, pension and flexible benefits on offer.
Amey has a long and proud history supporting a wide variety of clients in airport infrastructure over the last 80 years, delivering airside and landside design, construction and maintenance. This role is in support of our continued growth and increasing workload and provides a unique chance to join a highly skilled airport design team who are passionate about delivering excellence to our clients.
Amey's airfield specialism focusses on; airside planning, asset management, civil engineering design and rehabilitation, pavement assessment, airfield stand services, ancillary facilities, aeronautical ground lighting (AGL) and aerodrome safeguarding. We have a highly-respected team within the UK Airport industry:
- Our team has long-standing relationships with the Project, Engineering and Airside Operations Teams at the major civil airports in the UK with continuity stretching back 25 years.
- We have active major projects at Heathrow, Gatwick, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Aberdeen and Stansted along with a growing order book.
- We are working alongside some of the UK's largest contractors in the design and build market.
- We are delivering design, consultancy services and expert advice to aviation sector clients including Airbus, Amey Defence/MOD and others.
- We are developing new and existing technologies to deliver innovation in the form of drones and asset management.