You will be part of the Commodities Technology Platform team, the CGM Technology Platform team is a global team that is responsible for running, maintaining and developing core systems and platforms for CGM Technology.
The team works in a time sensitive environment in which accuracy of processing, timely escalation and communication within the division, the businesses, the Risk Management Group, correspondent banks and custodians are essential to ensuring a smooth settlement process.
In this role you will provide effective first and second level support for CGM applications, both in-house and vendor supplied.
You will be part of the Business Technology Support desk in London; and collectively with other support desks in Sydney, Houston and New York, form a global "Follow the Sun" model.
You will escalate problems to and follow up with the development teams based in Sydney and Gurugram, as required.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Ad-hoc troubleshooting and support for user queries and system issues
- Extensive interaction with the associated development teams and other support desks
- Considerable involvement with customers to understand their problems and requirements
- Sending communication out to end users about incidents and problems
- Managing small projects on a day to day basis
- Ongoing support of trading and clearing systems
- Troubleshooting database issues
- Coordinating DR / BCP testing and liaising with local and remote infrastructure personnel
- Contributing ideas and solutions towards improving team processes
- Experience of MQ Series, Web Methods and vendor applications, especially Calypso
- Experience with Automation / Monitoring Tools e.g. Splunk
- Experience with ITIL tools e.g. Remedy and Jira Service Desk
- Experience with Settlement and Payment Systems / Flows
Find out more about Macquarie careers at www.macquarie.com/careers
The Corporate Operations Group brings together specialist support services in Digital Transformation & Data, Technology, Market Operations, Human Resources, Business Services, Business Improvement & Strategy, and the Macquarie Group Foundation. The Corporate Operations Group’s purpose is to power the entrepreneurial enterprise.
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
Macquarie is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, gender identity, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including color and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
We facilitate a range of flexible working arrangements within our teams. Talk to us about what flexibility may be available.