Construction Trainer - Flexible Working Available
Preferably Reading area based although this is flexible with travel
As one of the UK’s largest house builders Persimmon Homes are developing our staff in line with our future strategy to build a strong vibrant business where our employees are proud to work, and to construct well designed traditional homes whilst creating sustainable communities throughout the UK.
Our HR team are expanding as we continue to develop our People Strategy to support a culture of lifelong learning throughout our business. We are now recruiting a Construction Technical Trainer to join our newly formed Group Training Team to cover the South East and South Central areas.
Our new construction training offer will support the development of our Construction staff and cover compliance, technical, and personal development training across the Persimmon Group. Through developing our staff to enhance their technical and personal skills we will support the drive to increase quality and customer satisfaction throughout our businesses.
Persimmon Homes are committed to the development of our staff and we are looking for candidates who are passionate and knowledgeable about the house building sector and people development.
The location of the successful candidate is secondary to having relevant construction training at a site management level, although travel will be involved.
As a regional construction trainer you will be responsible for:
- Designing, delivering and carrying out full evaluation of bespoke construction related courses in line with the needs of our business and employees
- Creation of a suite of technical and personal development courses available via the Persimmon Site Managers development programme.
- Organising and managing programmes including site management development and technical construction modules.
- Delivering training within your region and at various locations throughout the UK
Successful Candidates will have:
- Relevant training experience gained while working in the construction industry preferably in the house building sector.
- Experience of designing and delivering engaging training programmes
- The ability to work to deadlines and cope well under pressure
- Planning/prioritising and time management skills
- A high standard of inter-personal and communication skills supporting the ability of attendees at all levels.
- A tactful and friendly communication style
- A valid UK Driver’s License is required as training delivery will be conducted at various locations throughout the UK
- Training qualifications would be beneficial
- Creating and developing course material content, schemes of work, lesson plans and resources for delivery sessions.
- Delivery of the Persimmon Site Managers essential programme for all new employees.
- Supporting learners working towards our Construction Site Management programme.
- Visiting and coaching learners in their place of work to ensure learning is embedded in the workplace.
- Managing your diary efficiently to ensure effective delivery of programmes.
- Organise and maintain documentation on learners' progress.
- Overcome barriers to learning and adapt delivery to meet learner’s needs.
- Experience of delivering qualifications or training in Construction Site Management.
- Solid occupational experience within Site Management or technical construction background.
- Full, clean driving licence.
- Must be flexible with travel.
- Organisational skills alongside the ability to plan your time effectively.
- Confident and professional manner with the ability to inspire and motivate people.
- Quality driven approach to training.
We offer a competitive salary and pension with a company car, you’ll be able to make the most of a great benefits package, including a contributory pension, health insurance, life assurance and generous bonus.
Persimmon offer flexible working arrangements with the agreement of the Head of Department.
Follow us on Instagram #lovemypersimmonhome
Persimmon are Proud Sponsors of Team GB
No Agencies please – Persimmon will not accept speculative CVs as a means of introduction