IT Service Desk Analyst
Are you seeking a 1st line service desk role? Here at our shared service centre in Liverpool the IT Service Desk are responsible for providing 1st and 2nd line IT support functions to Amey internal staff and external partners. They provide technical advice and support in relation to all Group IT deployed hardware and software. Logging incidents and requests on behalf of our customers and ensuring compliance with the departments policies and processes.
The Service Desk also liaise with our technical resolver groups to ensure the timely resolution of incidents and requests which cannot be fixed at the first point of contact, ensuring that our strict Service Level Agreements are met.
Service Desk are the face of IT and we rely on them to provide outstanding customer service in all aspects of their work
- To help build on our image as the friendly and approachable face of IT
- To provide outstanding customer service
- To provide advice and assistance to our customers, partners and suppliers
- To act as the primary point of contact for all incidents and requests
- To ensure detailed and accurate information is captured at the first point of contact
- To provide initial troubleshooting and diagnostics capabilities
- To help maintain our strong first time fix rates
- To ensure incidents/requests are assigned to the correct technical resolver groups
- To prioritise and categorise incidents in line with our existing processes
- To assist in the handling and management of Major Incidents and outages
- To help identify incident trends
- To contribute to our ethos of continuous service improvement
- To promote a strong working relationship between the Service Desk, our technical resolver groups, partners and suppliers
- To escalate and liaise with Management, Internal and External support teams for potential high priority incidents during out of office hour shifts.
- To identify potential high impact issues and communicate a detailed account of impact to on call management as required.
Qualifiecations and experience
- A minimum of 5 GCSEs' or equivalent, grades A-C (including English and Mathematics)
- 2 years' previous experience working in a busy IT Service Desk environment.
- Demonstrable experience of delivering outstanding customer service under pressure.
- ITIL v3 Foundation level qualification
- Vendor qualifications (Microsoft, CISCO, Citrix)
- A basic understanding of PC hardware
- Experience of remote assistance tools, including Microsoft Remote Assistance, RDP, Dameware and LogMeIn.
- Experience of supporting a Windows 7/10 desktop environment.
- Experience of providing support in a Citrix thin client environment (Citrix Receiver / Wyse).
- An understanding of basic networking principle (TCP/IP, DNS, WINS, DHCP).
Salary and benefits
Salary to £20,000 plus a range of Amey benefits, 24 days holiday, pension, working hours will be Monday to Friday between 7am and 7pm rotating 7.5 hour shifts
What makes this role unique?
You will be responsible for the efficient transfer of in-depth product and/or applications knowledge to users.