National Bid Team Coordinator
Willmott Dixon is passionate about its people, with a real focus and drive around continuous development, offering you a career of a lifetime!
As a privately-owned, family-run construction business founded in 1852, we employ over 2000 people and achieved a turnover in 2018 of £1.2 billion. We have a purpose beyond profit and are dedicated to leaving a positive legacy in our communities and the environment.
As a Sunday Times Top 100 Listed Company (4th place) and the UK's first carbon neutral construction company since 2012, we are proud to have achieved the Queen's Award for Enterprise: Sustainable Development (2016) and Promoting Opportunity (2018). We have also been recognised for outstanding investment in communities with a CommunityMark from Business in the Community.
Willmott Dixon is currently seeking an experienced Bid Team Co-ordinator to join the Strategic accounts team who are working on an exciting pipeline of national bids from their base in Farringdon, London. The successful candidate should possess excellent bid coordination and writing skills to help in producing high quality, winning bids that meet Group objectives and targets.
In addition you will support the Bid Manager to coordinate the bid process, assess bid requirements, compile responses and produce final bid documentation. You will also research customers and keep our knowledge of information current through writing case studies and regular engagement with the wider business. This role is predominately based in Farringdon, London but there could be a need to travel to offices in the wider business from time to time.
Key responsibilities of the role:
- Build and maintain meaningful relationships with all internal and external customers
- Provide creative ideas and initiatives for bids
- Compile high quality and compliant SQ submissions, fully managing compliance elements of all bids
- Set up and review portal alerts, tender opportunities and OJEU notices and alert the team to relevant opportunities / information
- Produce and manage SQ and ITT response schedules
- Manage the electronic filing system for each opportunity
- Monitor tender clarifications received, update clarification log and distribute to the bid team
- Provide a dedicated point of contact for customers during the bidding process
- Coordinate team attendance at market engagement events, bidders' days, interviews, etc.
- Note taking during storyboarding and peer reviews as required
- General administrative support as required, e.g. arranging meetings
- Write compelling case studies to support all bids
- Use Knowledge Capture reports to write industry-leading copy for our bid library, for use by bid teams across the business
- Write customer-focused method statements for SQ and ITT submissions
- Assist in production of effective customer presentations
Essential and Desirable Criteria
- Excellent demonstrable standard of written and spoken English
- Using Microsoft suite of Office programmes including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Excellent organisational skills
- Use of Adobe Indesign
- Use of Adobe Photoshop
- Experience of coordinating the bid process, reviewing bid enquiries and writing submissions
- Experience of meeting and working with bid contributor
- Relevant degree or equivalent qualification
- Membership of relevant professional body
- Experience of using Prezi
- A self-starter in approach.
- Excellent influencing, networking and stakeholder management skills
- A team player.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- A passion for writing!
Willmott Dixon embraces diversity in the workplace.
We are happy to consider flexible working.