Partnership Liaison - Flexible Working Available
The Partnership Liaison is a key leadership role within pRED Business Operations Management. The role is responsible for implementing and driving the success of the pRED Clinical Development sourcing strategy.
The role is accountable for Clinical Development alliances with clinical site networks, academic groups and clinical service providers (Clinical Labs including but not limited to material supply vendors, safety laboratories, and sample logistics services and Clinical CROs). Leads strategic clinical site selection and landscaping activities in specific therapeutic areas. Leads the identification, analysis of capabilities and performance of service providers and clinical CROs, academic groups and clinical site network alliances.
Leads the clinical development governance of pRED strategic clinical CROs. The role is accountable for being the pRED Clinical Development Relationship Manager of clinical site networks, academic networks and selected CROs and Service Providers, providing leadership and oversight and addressing operational opportunities and issues that arise during clinical project execution. Provide guidance and support to Senior Clinical Operations Leaders and Clinical Operations Leaders in the execution of the pRED Clinical Development accounts. Develops and implements best practices in all operational aspects of strategic sourcing and study placement in clinical development.
Job Primary Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Drives the delivery of the DTA’s early clinical development portfolio through the specification, identification, selection & operational management of external service providers (including clinical site networks, KOLs, CROs, ARO, academic institutions)
- Responsible for ensuring the implementation of an aligned sourcing strategy across DTAs and functions to drive portfolio delivery.
- Accountable for pRED Clinical development Alliances, internal and external collaborations, including the Roche Clinical Country Operations (CCO) group and partner groups (Chugai).
- The single point of contact for all study teams for managing all aspects of the operational relationship with key strategic alliances, clinical site networks and DTA-aligned niche CROs.
- Accountable for identification and management of opportunities and resolution of operational issues that arise with these accounts.
- Establishes relationships with appropriate key clinical investigators and sites across all indications, drives investigator engagement with pRED.
- Oversight and governance to deliver best practice and consistency in pRED Clinical Development sourcing (processes & procedures, decision-making, documentation, roles & responsibilities etc.) for the pRED Clinical Development organization
- Develops an operational framework to proactively manage the ongoing relationships with key partners - monitors clinical site network, academic partner and CRO performance using fact based assessment (e.g. through metrics) to drive external provider performance excellence, develop best practice and inform future provider decisions
- Ensure cross-fertilization of vendor knowledge and practices across the lifecycle.
- Works with pRED Clinical Development Quality & Performance Excellence and PDQ in the assessment of QA standards and performance of all external operational partners.
- Leads DTA specific sourcing discussions with stakeholders from the respective functions as well as providing analysis on clinical studies.
- Ensure all partnerships and other relationships under their management are implemented according to ethical/regulatory/legal requirements.
- Life Science degree and/or equivalent experience
- MBA, PhD or equivalent higher degree desirable
- Extensive experience leading clinical trials, including large global clinical trials, and experience of a diverse range of external provider models. Comprehensive clinical operations experience including relevant experience working with clinical site networks, CROs and/or academic partners
- Experience in Early Clinical Development essential
Who we are
Our UK Pharmaceutical head office is situated in Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire, with beautiful countryside surrounding the area. Supported by major motorways & airports as well as being a 30 minute train ride to London, access is easy. Our award-winning office, known as Hexagon Place, was opened in 2005 and provides a modern, flexible working environment with facilities that are second-to-none. Around 2,000 people work at our Welwyn office in Global Early Development (pRED), Global Product Development (PD), Commercial (Rx) and our Corporate functions. Roche offer a competitive salary plus the excellent benefits you would expect from a blue-chip organisation. There is a fully equipped gym on-site, a library and information centre, and an active sports and social club. We also have a subsidised staff restaurant providing foods to cater for every taste throughout the day. At the heart of the building is an informal meeting area known as The Street which features a coffee shop, snack machine and cashpoint. A second building on-site, called The Hub, contains modern meeting room and conference facilities. Roche promotes personal well-being and work-life balance. Therefore, flexible working options will be considered for all roles at Roche UK.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law