People Advisor - Flexible Working Available
We're looking for an experienced and hardworking People Advisor to join our People Services team which supports the UK and Ireland. This post will be based in our Manchester office. People Services are the local face of the People team at Arm and in this role, you will work alongside your colleagues to provide a multi-site, professional HR advisory service to support both the business in achieving its operational and long-term objectives as well as our employees throughout their lifecycle.
What will you be accountable for?
- Delivering a proactive and flexible HR service to support the business
- Providing advice and direction to both managers and our employees regarding our policies, practices and benefits offering
- Preparation of life cycle documentation including, but not limited to, offer letters, employment contracts and family leave letters
- Maintaining HR data bases including Success Factors and E-filing systems
- Conducting meetings with employees due to take periods of leave
- Assisting employees and managers in navigation of our well-being provision
- Conduct exit interviews and provide insights back to the business to inform our recruitment and retention strategies
- Working with the People Specialists on Employee Relation case management which typically include performance and well-being cases
- Conducting investigation meetings
- Supporting the People Specialist team on organisational change projects
- Collaboration with colleagues across the People Group to continually review processes, identify improvements and assisting in implementing new ways of working
Our people are a key enabler of our business strategy, we want to attract and retain highly talented people to make sure that we remain at the leading edge of the technology industry. We seek to be the best company to work for in our sector with sustainable high engagement and excellent results. We are passionate about conserving the best aspects of our creative culture and perpetuating what attracts people to join and remain at Arm, making life at Arm a truly engaging and rewarding experience.
What experience, skills and knowledge will you need?
- An experienced HR advisor with knowledge of employment law and HR best practice.
- Able to advise in a skillful and authentic manner.
- Be flexible and pragmatic in your approach and enjoy working with ambiguity.
- Strong communication, judgement, mentoring and social skills.
- We strive to build a collaborative, results driven approach and having a customer-centric approach will be important.
- You will be passionate about continuous improvement and employee engagement helping us maintain Arm's creative culture.
- To identify, understand and address needs, you will need to be a superb communicator, who connects and establishes rapport.
- Excellent organisation skills with the ability to progress and prioritise a multi-faceted workload and manage systems and processes effectively.
- Experience of working in a multi-site environment
- Ideally you will have experience of working in a People (HR) Shared Service environment, but this isn't essential.
Due to the highly collaborative environment in Arm travel to various locations within the UK and Ireland, and occasionally internationally may be required.
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our outstanding culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape outstanding:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is crucial, share it
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse organisation of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling a vibrant, inclusive, meritocratic, and open workplace, where all our people can grow and succeed, we inspire our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
Arm is at the heart of the world's most advanced digital products. Our technology enables the creation of new markets and transformation of industries and society. We design scalable, energy efficient-processors and related technologies to deliver the intelligence in applications ranging from sensors to servers, including smartphones, tablets, enterprise infrastructure and the Internet of Things.
Our innovative technology is licensed by Arm Partners who have shipped more than 50 billion Systems on Chip (SoCs) containing our intellectual property since the company began in 1990. Together with our Connected Community, we are breaking down barriers to innovation for developers, designers and engineers, ensuring a fast, reliable route to market for leading electronics companies.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
Our office in Manchester, England hosts diverse teams from throughout Arm including debuggers, HPC tools, technical communications, DevOps infrastructure provision and open-source software development. The office is located in the heart of Manchester city centre allowing easy access to shops, restaurants and a bustling nightlife. Known for its world-renowned sporting connections, Manchester is seen as the United Kingdom's "second city", as it is the most visited city in England by overseas visitors aside from the capital.