Communications Executive - Flexible Working Available
One destination opens a world of opportunity
Salary: £32,000 - £37,000 (subject to experience) + excellent rewards and benefits
Our payslip is only part of the package
Exciting opportunity to join the busy press office of the UK's second largest airport. Gatwick serves more than 230 destinations in 74 countries for over 46 million passengers a year on short and long-haul services. Gatwick is also a major economic driver and generates around £5 billion GDP and 85,000 jobs nationally, with 24,000 of these located on the airport.
The Communications Executive will work within the Gatwick Corporate Affairs team implementing a wide-ranging communications programme, primarily focussed on UK press and media, but also through our social media channels, and to our employees. As a Communications Executive you will proactively seek new ways to tell the Gatwick story as the airport looks ahead to an exciting future. As such we're seeking an enthusiastic candidate with strong press office experience and corporate communications skills.
The Communications Executive role is diverse, so you will need experience in proactive and reactive media work, digital and social media communication.
In order to be successful as a Communications Executive can you demonstrate?
- Experience in a busy communications environment within a PR/communications/media role
- Excellent communication skills for both external and internal audiences
- Ability to turn technical information into engaging, creative communications
- Good understanding of the British and international press, media relations and social media
- Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills and understanding of different styles of writing for external audiences
- Creative approach and enthusiasm for generating new ideas
- Able to work as part of a team
- Able to remain calm in a fast-paced, changeable environment
- Strong customer service skills to effectively manage the competing demands of various stakeholders
- Excellent eye for detail and ability to work efficiently and effectively
- Passion for the industry and commercial awareness
- Strong interest in keeping up to date with current affairs
Does this sound like you?
The role holder will be expected to join the on-call communications rota for which an additional allowance will be paid