Public Affairs Executive - Flexible Working Available
One destination opens a world of opportunity
Public Affairs Executive
Salary: £32,000 - £37,000 (subject to experience) + excellent rewards and benefits
Our payslip is only part of the package
Exciting opportunity to join the busy press office of the UK's second largest airport. Gatwick serves more than 230 destinations in 74 countries for over 46 million passengers a year on short and long-haul services. Gatwick is also a major economic driver and generates around £5 billion GDP and 85,000 jobs nationally, with 24,000 of these located on the airport.
The Public Affairs Executive will support the Public Affairs Manager and Head of Corporate Affairs in delivering political engagement and campaigns. Working as part of a small team, the remit of the Public Affairs Executive includes engagement with local MPs, and multiple political organisations and bodies on Gatwick's growth plans and business as usual activities.
The Public Affairs Executive will provide day-to-day support to the public affairs team in delivering Gatwick's influencing work in the public policy arena at a national and local level, covering issues such as aircraft noise, airspace modernisation, climate change, surface access to airports, disruptive passengers and border issues. Alongside their support work the Public Affairs Executive will ensure Gatwick's senior leadership team is aware of current and emerging issues of interest in the political and parliamentary environment.
In order to be successful as a Public Affairs Executive can you demonstrate?
- Experience within an in-house environment, consultancy or political context
- Experience of dealing with governmental, Parliamentary and influential third party audiences within the UK.
- Awareness of key developments in infrastructure & environment policy an advantage
- An ability to identify issues that could impact business reputation
- A keen interest in politics and current affairs
- Strong research and writing skills
- Excellent networking skills
- Excellent interpersonal relationship skills
- Experience of working on targeted campaigns an advantage
- A willingness to work across team on joined up media, digital and campaigns activity
Does this sound like you?
Why not click apply to complete your application?
The role holder will be expected to join the on-call communications rota for which an additional allowance will be paid