Payroll & Systems Support Specialist - Part Time & Flexible Hours
We have a new part-time opportunity for an experienced Payroll & Systems Support Specialist to manage our in-house payroll system and reporting requirements for the business.
If you have a payroll admin, finance or processing background and possess strong technical capability, with some experience working on system development, this role provides a more flexible and autonomous way to utilise your skills and progress your career.
About the role
Working collaboratively with an experienced job share partner, you will support the Payroll Manager to deliver process improvements, new functionality and legislative advice to the business on pay related matters. You will be technically savvy, proactive in spotting opportunities and challenges, preempting issues before they arise as well as keeping an eye on the broader picture. Other elements to the role include:
- Ensuring the payroll system is maintained in accordance with supplier versions, patches and hotfixes to resolve software defects are tested and implemented successfully with minimal downtime.
- Preparing monthly costing reports and ensuring timely interface of payroll costing data, as well as managing updates and implementing software enhancements, liaising with IT.
- Troubleshooting payroll software issues, acting as main liaison with software supplier and supporting investigation of any issues.
- Payroll system configuration to support the creation of new functionality.
- Respond to complex legislative customer queries.
- Assist with the preparation of Gender Pay Gap Reports.
- Implement mileage scheme changes and manage the expense submission process within iTrent
- Support the project needs of the business, e.g. acquisitions, TUPE transfers.
- Maintain and update pay data accurately through data conversion where required.
- Support the Payroll Manager with payroll checking and reconciliation processes.
- Ensure activities meet and integrate with organisational requirements in line with company values.
- Actively monitor proposed and future legislative requirements and evolve business processes and systems to accommodate change.
What will you bring?
- Experience managing in house payroll systems, payroll projects and implementing / developing software solutions.
- Comprehensive understanding of legislation including but not limited to PAYE, NI, auto enrolment, apprentice levy, statutory payments and salary sacrifice.
- Working knowledge of Midland HR’s iTrent software, JDE, Cognos and C Series is preferred.
- Strong analytical skills, proficient using Excel and Word.
- Proven ability to manage prioritise and work under pressure.
- Ability to manage stakeholders at all levels across an organisation.
- Confidence to challenge, ability to question and challenge all processes.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
We are looking for someone that is happy to do approximately 15 hours per week across 2 or 3 days. We are open to talking about flexible working. What’s on offer?
- Competitive Salary, bonus and benefits recognizing the contribution you bring
- Opportunities for Career Progression both at home and abroad
- An inclusive and safety focused culture with people at the heart of the business
We are committed to building a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
Why join Aggregate Industries?
To be at the heart of construction, we see our people at the forefront of the construction industry, transforming it into a more sustainable future. We employ highly talented, experienced and motivated people from diverse backgrounds. We have industry-leading capability in innovation, enabling us to anticipate and meet the changing needs of our customers. We are committed to developing strong and positive relationships with the communities we live and work in. LafargeHolcim has a global footprint with leadership positions in the vast majority of its markets and a diversified portfolio with a good balance between mature and developing markets positioned in highly populated areas.
About Aggregate Industries
We’re at the front line of the construction and infrastructure industries, producing and supplying an array of construction materials. With over 270 sites and more than 3,900 dedicated employees, we’re home to everything from aggregates, asphalt, ready-mixed concrete and precast concrete products. On top of that, we produce, import and supply construction materials, export aggregates and offer national road surfacing and contracting services.
We’re also a proud member of LafargeHolcim, which is the leading global building materials and solutions company with around 90,000 employees in over 80 countries. It holds leading positions in all regions with a balanced portfolio of developing and mature markets.