Internal Communications Executive - Flexible Working Available
We have a fantastic opportunity for an Internal Communications Executive to join our Marketing & Sales team. This is a full time, permanent role and can be based in either our Bristol or London office.
Osborne Clarke is an international legal practice with over 270 Partners and more than 900 talented lawyers in 26 locations*. Our sector-based approach enables us to help our clients tackle the issues they are facing today, and prepare for the ones that they will face tomorrow. Advising them both comprehensively and commercially. We love working closely with our clients on new deals, products and solutions which will transform their businesses, markets and even sectors.
We consider our inclusive and approachable culture to be fundamental to our success. This was recognised at the Managing Partners Forum (MPF) Awards where we were awarded Best Corporate Culture 2019. In addition, Osborne Clarke ranks in the top five of RollOnFriday’s independent Firm of the Year employee survey for the last four years, scoring highly for its friendly culture and management. The firm was recognised as Bristol Law Society’s Law Firm of the Year in December 2018 and commended for its work at the FT Innovative Lawyer Awards in 2017 and 2018.
Marketing & Sales is a welcoming and dynamic team of experts, supporting lawyers, sectors and service lines across our international business.
We are focusing on engaging our people around our strategic objectives and our change programmes, so this is a great opportunity for a talented Internal Communications professional with strong planning, creative and delivery skills to help us move this forward.
What you'll do
Reporting to the Internal Communications Manager, you will provide support across our Internal Communications work streams both in the UK and internationally. More specifically, you will provide communications support and messaging for key Strategic Programmes, including our new five-year strategy, plus projects and initiatives across Finance, HR, IT and Marketing (both UK and international).
Other key responsibilities include:
- Supporting on strategic communications support for the UK Executive Board, the International Board, the UK Partnership Council and the International Council
- Supporting on the creation of messaging for UK and international senior leadership presentations; such and the UK and International Partners' Conferences and the UK annual Firm meetings
- Supporting and/or leading on strategic communications for key change projects and initiatives across Finance, HR, IT and Marketing
- Producing regular UK and international communications
- Researching and using digital channels – including our in house OC.TV studio – to create effective communications and to constantly seek out ways of improving our communications delivery
What we're looking for
The successful candidate will ideally have a background in Internal Communications. This experience will have ideally been focused around the delivery of communications projects alongside day-to-day delivery, however those looking to take step up into more strategic work will also be considered.
- Able to hit the ground running, with experience of managing change communications projects in a corporate context
- Highly proficient in producing written and visual content including writing and editing copy, with excellent proofreading, spelling and grammar skills
- Able to represent the Osborne Clarke culture and write in our tone of voice, and to consider the impact of messaging for different stakeholder groups and to adjust the tone and content accordingly
- Confident in discussing – and appropriately challenging – requirements, timeframes and project briefs to assist with high-quality, timely and planned delivery
- Able to understand, interpret and simplify complex business messaging, aligning an overall communications strategy with a UK and International strategy
- Ability to build on their existing capabilities by being involved with complex and/or large scale projects
- Proactive and happy to use their initiative and to work independently
- Confident and capable of building effective relationships at all levels
Salary and benefits
We offer competitive salaries and generous benefits.
At Osborne Clarke we welcome direct applications - to apply, please click on the link below.
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE
*Services in India are provided by a relationship firm
At Osborne Clarke, we are known for our open and inclusive culture. We believe that by investing in the diversity and wellbeing of our people, we create an environment where everyone can thrive to be the best that they can be. This means recognising that our people have lives and commitments outside of work. We have invested in connected working for our people and, where possible, we will accommodate flexible working for all our roles.