Data Analyst - Flexible Working Available
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Data Analyst to join our Finance team. The role is full time, permanent and based in our Bristol office.
As a Data Analyst the main purpose of your role will be to support the data needs of financial information in the form of reports to support client and business demands in both our UK and international offices.
Osborne Clarke is an international legal practice with over 270 Partners and more than 900 talented lawyers in 26 locations*. Our sector-based approach enables us to help our clients tackle the issues they are facing today, and prepare for the ones that they will face tomorrow. Advising them both comprehensively and commercially. We love working closely with our clients on new deals, products and solutions which will transform their businesses, markets and even sectors.
We consider our inclusive and approachable culture to be fundamental to our success. This was recognised at the Managing Partners Forum (MPF) Awards where we were awarded Best Corporate Culture 2019. In addition, Osborne Clarke ranks in the top five of RollOnFriday’s independent Firm of the Year employee survey for the last four years, scoring highly for its friendly culture and management. The firm was recognised as Bristol Law Society’s Law Firm of the Year in December 2018 and commended for its work at the FT Innovative Lawyer Awards in 2017 and 2018.
What you'll do
- Develop a detailed knowledge of the data sources within the finance and related applications
- Interpret requests and develop the necessary skills to deliver the information using the most appropriate solution and in a clear and concise format
- Develop a strong working relationship with key stakeholders and become a go to person for quick, accurate and understandable solutions
- Contribute to the on-going development of the firm's financial and reporting applications and in particular the new practice management system (decision on preferred application to be made)
- Support the Finance team and Practice Group Operations Directors as required in presenting timely and accurate information to the business
- Carefully prioritise requests, responding quickly and appropriately to ensure that the relevant people are kept up to date on progress, while ensuring that, if any non-standard work is undertaken, it does not negatively impact on provision of core services
- Any other ad-hoc duties as required
We are looking for an experienced Data Analyst who can work proactively and communicate confidently to the wider business. You must also:
- Have experience in a finance department (this is essential)
- Strong IT skills, particularly an expert in SQL and a good knowledge of MS SQL Server, SSRS, SSIS
- Experience in SQL Server Database Tuning and Query Optimization techniques
- Basic skills in Data Modelling and Database Development
- Provide more than task orientated delivery, using problem solving skills to deliver practical solutions and analysis
- Good communication skills – particularly the ability to translate technical and complex detail into widely understood business terms
- Be a proactive and flexible individual
- Significant experience with BI tools in an enterprise environment (i.e. Business Objects)
- Experience of Elite would be beneficial but not essential
Salary and benefits
We offer competitive salaries and generous benefits.
At Osborne Clarke we welcome direct applications - to apply, please click on the link below.
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE