Knowledge & Information Specialist - Flexible Working Available
We are looking for an experienced Knowledge & Information specialist to join us as part of our brand new in-house Knowledge & Information function. The role is full time, permanent, based in our Bristol office with some travel to our other UK offices.
Osborne Clarke is an international legal practice with over 270 Partners and more than 900 talented lawyers in 26 locations*. Our sector-based approach enables us to help our clients tackle the issues they are facing today, and prepare for the ones that they will face tomorrow. Advising them both comprehensively and commercially. We love working closely with our clients on new deals, products and solutions which will transform their businesses, markets and even sectors. And our unique approachable culture is not an added extra, it’s fundamental to our success.
The main purpose of this role is to provide legal library services to Osborne Clarke, enabling lawyers and others to leverage knowledge resources across the firm with particular emphasis on supporting teams to leverage the suite of digital and physical library products available to them.
As a Knowledge & Information Specialist you will be embedded within specific legal teams to help leverage, and raise awareness of, our suite of digital and physical library products. Your key duties will include:
- Working as part of a team to deliver an enquiry service, responding to requests for articles, company searches, access to resources, case searches, legislation requests and legal research (using a variety of sources)
- Optimising the use of our library products through training of fee earners (and other colleagues), promotion and usage analysis
- Supporting the Senior Knowledge leads on the acquisition and renewal process for Osborne Clarke's library products
- Ensuring accessibility of resources to the right people at the point of need
- Proactively meeting with internal clients to raise awareness of resources
- Facilitating pilots and evaluations of new knowledge products
- Understanding the context of the role, forming good relationships with key customers
- Actively participate in effective promotion of the Library service firm-wide
- Any other ancillary duties that may be required to ensure the efficient creation and operation of the Library service
Your skills and experience
We are looking for someone who has demonstrable experience in legal information management and good knowledge of core legal and commercial research sources. More specifically we need you to be:
- A confident researcher, able to support fee earners with their own research or conduct research on behalf of others
- Have experience in training end users on the use of research products
- Demonstrate knowledge of key sources, in particular Practical Law, Lexis Library, Westlaw and Nexis News
- Able to evaluate whether information is trustworthy, i.e. knowing how to establish its authenticity, accuracy, currency, value and bias
- Have proven stakeholder management and relationship building skills, able to work with people of all levels across different offices
- Hold a degree or postgraduate qualification in information/library management, or equivalent
We are also looking for someone who:
- Has excellent attention to detail
- Is self-motivated and proactive, keen to develop existing skill base and learn new skills by identifying any suitable development opportunities
- Able to handle competing priorities in a fast-paced environment, whilst producing high quality work
- Identifies as a strong team player who enjoys building relationships
- Is proficient with MS Office, including Excel and PowerPoint
If this sounds of interest then please apply using the link provided.