Quality Systems and Assurance Manager
An opportunity exists for an experienced Quality Systems & Assurance Manager to join our HSEQ function, supporting our rail business division at Amey. Working as part of a central team you will provide support and advice on matters of health, safety, environment and quality, monitor business performance and report to operational management on deficiencies and weaknesses or challenges identified.
This role will have a strong focus on Quality Assurance and Systems management, other key accountabilities are:
- Providing guidance / assistance to the Operational Management Teams;
- Taking an active role within the set up and mobilisation of all new contracts and acquisitions;
- Assisting in the development of risk assessments, method statements, process and procedure;
Developing, Building and Managing
- Developing our current Consulting and Rail on-line Integrated management system to maximise a user-friendly approach and efficiency providing suitable and sufficient information to our business.
- Manage the input of and maintaining controlled documentation on the Consulting and Rail Integrated Management system.
Planning and Implementing
- Conducting suitable and effective inspection/audits within the area under their influence and tracking the completion of all corrective action
- Monitoring and tracking the information on the Audit Management System (AMS) to look for trends etc and to use the information as the basis for the focussed and risk based audits within the Contract area to establish the root causes behind the deficiencies identified and to monitor the effectiveness of all corrective actions to ensure that they are delivering demonstrable improvements;
- Assisting in the development of the Site Occupiers Logs for all Offices / Yards and for reporting on non-compliance;
- Conducting audits / inspections on operational teams to ensure that the Company's HSEQ Integrated Management systems and associated control measures are being fully implemented and remain effective;
- Assist in developing, rolling out and monitoring compliance with the Business 9001/14001/ 45001/PAZ99 Management Systems to demonstrate compliance with the corporate systems;
- Assisting the Business in its commitments to group certifications for 9001/14001/ 45001/PAZ99 and 44001.
- Assisting operations in the development of any / all CDM Construction Phase Health and Safety Plans;
- To provide guidance and advice to all levels of management on all aspects of health, safety and environmental issues, including assisting in the tendering process as required;
- The provision of health, safety, quality and environmental related training including induction training as appropriate.
Audit and Review
- Taking the lead role within the external accreditation audits;
- Taking a lead role within all Client based audits;
- Monitoring and reviewing the audit data, including the independent audit data for trends, weaknesses etc and developing action plans in conjunction with the Operational Management Team to gain improvements;
- Providing Central with regular reports in relation to audit findings and details in relation to the action that is being taken to address the issues that have been identified.
- Conducting accident / incident / Near Miss and Hazard investigations;
- Tracking accident / incident / hazard and Near Miss trend to ensure that management controls remain effective and for taking appropriate action when areas of actual and potential weakness are identified;
- Tracking accident / incident reports to ensure that all corrective actions and recommendations have been fully implemented and are delivering the required results and for reporting on non-compliance and deficiencies;
- Liaising with management, Clients and the Authorities in relation to the notification of accidents / incidents and dangerous occurrences
What are we looking for?
This role would suit an experienced HSEQ or QA Manager, with an advanced knowledge or experience of management system design including web based design and maintenance. You should have good knowledge of CDM regulations, ideally gained from a Consulting based operation within the rail industry.
As an individual, we are looking for someone who is proactive in their approach to ownership and delivery, who can look at processes and identify new initiatives to improve ways of working and will give their all to see a task successfully completed.
Further specifications include:
- Lead auditor status with the ability to own, manage audit schedules
- Web based IMS development and management skills and experience
- CQI membership or working towards
- NEBOSH DIP/Construction cert