Assistant Financial Controller - Flexible Working Available
iPSL are looking for an Assistant Financial Controller reporting to the Financial Controller you will be responsible for managing the monthly reporting cycle and analysis requirements of the company to all key stakeholders. Working with the Financial Controller you will prepare technical accounting analysis of the company’s assets and liabilities and play a key role in the integration of finance process and reporting, you will provide recommendations to directly support and influence the company’s operations and strategy.
We are the leading digital payment processing service provider within the UK and have recently gone through the biggest business transformation programme the company has ever seen!
The role will be based in Northampton, and comes with a competitive salary, between £28,500 to £43,000p.a. (depending on experience) + Car allowance of £4,100 and Private Family Healthcare.
The hours of work will be 35 per week Monday to Friday. There may be some flexibility on hours.
The Assistant Financial Controller is required to undertake a range of tasks supporting iPSL key business objectives as directed within the Information Security environment.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Responsible for collating and delivering high quality management information to key stakeholders. Including EMT and Senior Managers.
- This role is required to understand a large scope of financial techniques, processes and regulatory information both US and UK GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Practice). They will also be required to deal with both Internal and External auditors answering technical questions from both.
- Work with Financial Controller to ensure adequate internal controls exist to give quality Financial Information. Helping to control and manage iPSL’s Finance function to ensure regulatory compliance.
- • Work with all members of the Finance Team to ensure the efficient running of the company’s financial forecasts and plans process.
- • Prepare and present consolidated iPSL management information for both Internal & External customers. Challenging and reviewing with Finance Business Partners and argue/amend as appropriate.
- Prepare MI to the shareholders on financial performance actual and forecast.
- Prepare key financial data (such as Capex and weekly Cash forecasting) to the EMT/shareholders in support of Balance Sheet and cashflow.
- Prepare and present information on financial performance to Finance colleagues.
- Educate Clients both Internal and External on the Rules and Drivers of the ABC model.
- Prepare data to be used by Senior Finance Managers at SWG and Board presentations.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Experience in accountancy and commercial negotiations
- Experience within a FTSE 250 Company preferred
- Experience of working with ERP systems
- Understanding of Financial Reporting
- Ability to work in a multi-functional environment
- Capable of working closely with senior managers, both inside and outside of Finance
- High level of Presentation skills with the ability to present key data for customers Excellent to advanced Excel skills and good Power Point skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills – Ability to put forward proposals that influence and drive the business forward gaining buy-in from colleagues and business managers.
- Supportive team member particularly in a multi-site context
- Highly numerate, analytical and mentally agile
Training & Qualifications:
- Finalist/QBE accountant with Finance experience gained in Financial Services / Outsourcing sector preferred
VACANCY REFERENCE: MR/MD/512810/FINANCE
CLOSING DATE: 24th January 2020.
Please note that due to the volume of applications we receive, we are not always able to respond directly. If you have not been contacted by 7th February 2020 we regret that you have not been successful in securing a position at the next stage of the process.