We are looking for an exceptional Development Manager to identify, develop and convert opportunities to generate income and help our client achieve their aim of making healthier and happier communities.
Our client is a conservation charity working with community volunteers to deliver practical solutions to the real life challenges they face, their activities have a lasting impact on people’s health, prospects and outdoor spaces. This is a great opportunity for someone with a track record of generating income in a charity setting.
Position: Development Manager
Location: Leicester or Home based
Salary: £28,600 - £33,000 dependent on experience
Hours: Full time, permanent
Closing Date: Monday 27th Jan 2020 at 5pm
Interviews: Will be held in Doncaster on 3rd and 4th Feb 2020
About the Role:
The role of Development Manager will work with the local staff and the regional Operation Directors in England, focussing initially on the Midlands and then expanding into wider areas across Central England.
You will work closely with those involved in our client’s operational activities from the outset to achieve optimum results in terms of quality, operational and financial performance and adherence with contract and funder requirements
Some of the key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Take opportunities from early discussion through to detailed bid stage
- Write detailed, accurate and compelling bids and proposals
- Make, develop and maintain high-level relationships with clients and funders
- Be the key interface for external business development resources
- Develop and maintain a prospect pipeline and meet agreed income targets
- Account manage specified funders to optimise income across the charity
As Development Manager for our client you will have a target driven approach and the ability to be flexible, work under pressure and to meet demanding deadlines.
You will bring with you the following key skills and experience:
- Proven experience of understanding and translating contractual commitments and guidelines into proposals/bids/ propositions.
- Experience of preparing and winning bids for new and repeat income generation
- The ability to cultivate excellent client relationships
- This role with require travel within the UK, so a full UK driving License is essential
As well as working for a charity that makes a real difference to communities, by connecting people and green spaces to deliver lasting outcomes, you will also receive the following fantastic benefits:
- 25 days holiday PLUS bank holidays, increasing to 30 days per year
- Pension scheme
- Tax free childcare scheme
- Health Assured Employee Assistance Programme
- BUPA Health cash plan
- Development Leave – up to 5 days per year for approved conservation task or development opportunity
- Flexible working
- Life Assurance
- Living wage foundation employer
- A range of discounts including high street retailers, cinema, tickets, holidays etc.
As a Disability Confident and Equal Opportunities Employer, our client welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates including those from black and minority ethnic (BME) groups and disabled candidates
The post is supported by funding from The Peoples Post Code Lottery.
Other roles you may have experience of could include: Business Development Manager, Income Generation Manager, Senior Fundraiser, Major Giving, Fundraising, Community Fundraising, Fundraiser, Individual Giving, Major Donor, Corporate Fundraiser, Fundraising Partnerships Manager, Partnerships Manager, Bid Writer.