Amey Consulting- Power
Amey provides design capability in electrical transmission and distribution services throughout the UK and Ireland, from 11kV to 400kV substations. Amey has over 20 years of experience in this sector; and offer services through the whole project lifecycle from feasibility design, detailed design and construction of new substations along with refurbishment and reconfiguration of existing substations.
Within the power market much of our work is carried out under long-term framework agreements with our network clients. Our professional services encompass power industry consultants, civil and electrical engineering disciplines, project management and planning, supported by all the necessary health, safety, environmental and quality management processes to ensure reliable and effective delivery.
What is the purpose of this role?
Reporting to the Senior Primary Plant Engineer and working as part of a dedicated multi-disciplined engineering team, the CAD Technician will assist with the production of technically sound design solutions, including all associated reporting and administration.
What will this role involve?
- To assist Engineers with project design deliverables such as:
- HV Primary Design
- Substation Electrical Layout and Elevations
- Connector and Busbar Schedules
- Earthing Layouts and Detail
- M&E Layouts
- Secondary Design (Protection and Control)
- Electrical Schematics
- Wiring Diagrams
- Quality Assurance of prepared drawings in accordance with the Engineering Manual.
- Assisting with the preparation of technical documentation and reports
- Understanding project related correspondence
- Assist with in project administration
What are we looking for?
- HNC / HND, or equivalent in a relevant CAD discipline
- Good IT Skills
- Experience of AutoCAD & BIM
- Experience in the preparation of Electrical schematic and wiring diagrams, arrangement layout drawings, equipment and cable schedules.
- Developing and Embracing good practice in Health and Safety and CDM Regulations
- Experience of innovative designs, value engineering and end to end service delivery.
- Experience of working within design teams
- Effective communication skills for interfacing to other disciplines with bespoke requirements.
- Client focused approach to design delivery
- Co-ordinate workload for the efficient delivery of design drawings.
What makes this role unique?
You will assist Engineers with carrying out project design deliverables, feasibility studies, report preparation, cost estimating, and Quality Assurance. You will gain experience in producing Substation Layout designs and other associated engineering deliverables.