Senior Electrical Engineer- Protection & Control
Amey Consulting Power
Amey provides a major design capability in electrical transmission and distribution services for 400kV through to 11kV substations. We have over 20 years of experience in this sector; and offer services through the entire project lifecycle from feasibility, design and construction of new substations and refurbishment and reconfiguration of existing substations.
Within the power market much of our work is carried out under long-term framework agreements with our network clients. Our professional services encompass power industry consultants, civil and electrical engineering disciplines, project management and planning. These are supported by all the necessary health, safety, environmental and quality management processes to ensure reliable and effective delivery.
What is the purpose of this role?
Reporting to the Principal Engineering Manager and working as part of a dedicated multi-disciplined engineering team, the Senior Protection and Control Engineer will lead and support the production of technically sound Protection and Control design solutions, including all associated cost and progress reporting.
What will this role involve?
- Preparation of Protection and Control design deliverables, feasibility studies, reports, programmes and cost estimating
- To manage, supervise and check the work produced by Engineers & CAD Technicians
- Quality Assurance responsibilities
- Interpretation of client specifications & project requirements
- Assist with contract and tender preparation
- Dealing with project related correspondence and attending meetings with clients and suppliers
- Maintaining high technical standards, consistent with the project brief and client requirements
- Ensure compliance with the relevant health, safety and environmental legislation, particularly the CDM Regulations
- Maintaining a strong focused client relationship
- Preparation and implementation of effective, value for money and innovative design solutions
What are we looking for?
- BEng, or equivalent in a relevant Electrical Engineering discipline
- Member of the IET or equivalent professional body and working toward full Chartered status
- A minimum of 8 years working experience in the Electrical Power sector
- Sound understanding of electrical substation design principles
- Experience in the preparation of detailed Electrical schematic diagrams for substation Protection and Control systems.
- Experience in preparing Electrical wiring diagrams, layout drawings, and interface packages from schematic diagrams.
- Experience in the design of ancillary systems such as battery and interlocking schemes
- Calculation of relay settings and preparation of logic files
What makes this role unique?
You will be a senior member of an engineering team responsible for preparing project design deliverables to budget and programme.