Strategic Consultant - Data Science & Analytics
Strategic Consulting is UK's leading team dedicated to data, analytics and technology in infrastructure. We apply digital intelligence to help industry make better decisions, enhance value and manage risk.
As part of the team you'll be part of a diverse and highly skilled team where you'll have the opportunity to work on major infrastructure projects in a wide range of sectors. You will be part of a growing and dynamic team. We are constantly engaging with new technology, developing skills within the team, and building our own tools and packages. We place a high importance on our culture, and health and wellbeing We ensure there is no intellectual hierarchy and value all input regardless of seniority.
Our projects require a range of technical skills including: data analytics, machine learning, system modelling and optimisation techniques. By coupling this technical capability with clear and concise storytelling, we can support our clients to make informed decisions that improve their outcomes by ensuring their decision are evidence based. As a member of our team, you'll find we don't silo our skill sets. Although you may have strengths areas of data science, we encourage our consultants to cultivate a wide range of both technical and non-technical skills.
Please ask about our flexible working arrangements.
To learn more about what we can do together, please visit our website www.amey.co.uk/strategic-consulting
In a typical week, you will:
- Work closely with clients to understand the challenges they face and shape these into well-defined requirements
- Explore new data sets to investigate how they can be used to drive value for our clients
- Develop new solutions and tailor tried-and-tested approaches to solve analytical problems in infrastructure
- Help clients to make better use of their data and drive intelligent decision making
- Contribute to developing relationships with high-profile clients up to director level
- Help with business development to gain new work and expand commissions
We want to hear from you if you:
- Bachelor degree or higher in a STEM subject (or equivalent portfolio/work experience)
- Ability to formulate and solve analytical problems
- Strong numerical ability
- Programming experience
- Drive to learn new skills
- Ability to interpret and explain complex analysis in simple terms
- Experience of problem-solving involving analysis of large datasets desired
- Understanding of statistical methods
- Professional experience of analytical programming desired
- Preferably experience with our core toolset (Python, Git, cloud services such as AWS/Azure)
- Awareness of good scripting practices, including experience of having organised code modularly
- Using relational databases
- Experience with big data technologies e.g. Spark, Cassandra
At Amey Consulting you have a unique opportunity to bring truly ground-breaking work to life by working alongside market-leading consultants in a practical infrastructure environment.
You will be surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges, who also care about your job satisfaction and well-being.You'll be stretched but always supported to bring out the better in you and to create better places for everyone.
We believe that we are what we do.
It's more than just wanting to do better.
At Amey we're proud to be the better