Senior Strategic Consultant - Data Science & Analytics
At Amey Strategic Consulting our purpose is simple: apply digital intelligence to help infrastructure client make better decisions, enhance value and manage risk. We are market-leading, Asset Management specialists, data-driven, and powered by an amazing collaborative team.
We help organisations make evidence-based decisions about the management of their assets. This often requires a range of technical skills including: data analytics, machine learning, system modelling and optimisation techniques. Although you may have strengths in areas of data science, we encourage our consultants to cultivate a wide range of both technical and non-technical skills. This includes embedding ourselves with the client to achieve their outcomes and maintain a strong relationship even after we leave. In addition to the transformational work that we do, we are big on making our diverse workplace a conducive environment for ideas to thrive.
We are recruiting for Senior Analytics and Data Consultants who will utilise their technical knowledge and experience to support our team's advanced analytics, data management and data capture skills.
Please ask about our flexible working arrangements.
To learn more about what we can do together, please visit our website www.amey.co.uk/strategic-consulting
In a typical week, you will:
- Working closely with clients to understand the challenges they face, shape these into well-defined requirements and provide analytical solutions
- Developing approaches and analyses that can be transferred across different sectors, helping clients to make better use of their data and drive intelligent decision-making
- Exploring new data sets to investigate how they can be used to realise value for clients
- Developing new solutions and tailoring tried-and-tested approaches to analytical problems in infrastructure by delivering themselves and/or managing small technical teams
- Contributing to developing relationships with high-profile clients up to director level
- Help with business development to gain new work and expand commissions
We want to hear from you if you:
- Bachelor degree or higher in a STEM subject (or equivalent portfolio/work experience)
- Preferably experience with our core toolset (Python, Git, cloud services such as AWS/Azure)
- You're comfortable with big data technologies e.g. Spark, Cassandra
- You have experience contributing to web applications or production programs for analytics solutions
- An advantage to possess domain knowledge of analytics applied to physical infrastructure
- Proven ability to contribute to fast-paced technical projects and quickly understand what needs to be done, even if it's out of your area of expertise
- Demonstrable experience of formulating, solving and implementing analytical solutions to business problems desired
- Exposure to managing technical work and directing teams in data & analytics projects
- Technical ability in at least one of statistics, machine learning, or data-led business process change, and drive to learn new skills and technology desired
- Ability to interpret and explain complex analysis in simple terms to stakeholders and team members (expert and non-expert alike)
- Demonstrable experience in developing robust scripted data analysis, and ability to adapt to our team toolset, including experience with relational databases
- Knowledge of Git or other version control systems, and experience using these tools in collaborative software projects
At Amey Consulting you have a unique opportunity to bring truly ground-breaking work to life by working alongside market-leading consultants in a practical infrastructure environment.
You will be surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges, who also care about your job satisfaction and well-being.You'll be stretched but always supported to bring out the better in you and to create better places for everyone.
We believe that we are what we do.
It's more than just wanting to do better.
At Amey we're proud to be the better