Senior Data Engineer
As part of Amey Strategic Consulting you'll be part of a diverse and highly skilled team where you'll have the opportunity to work on major infrastructure projects in a wide range of sectors. You will be part of a growing and dynamic team. We are constantly engaging with new technology, developing skills within the team and building our own tools and add value to our clients by providing information services and platforms that effectively capture, present and utilise asset data to achieve organisational objectives. We place a high importance on the culture, health and wellbeing of the team. As a member of the team, we will value your independent and critical minded thinking and support you to feel comfortable presenting ideas to all colleagues.
The Information Services & Platforms team is recruiting for a Senior Data Engineer to consult with and deliver on projects for our clients. The successful candidate will have autonomy to decide which technologies and methods are best for the challenge at hand and then go make it happen!
In a typical week you will:
- Work closely with clients to understand the challenges they face, shape these into well-defined requirements and software solutions
- Manage end-to-end development of data services: design, implementation, testing, deployment, and ongoing support.
- Develop components that can be reused in a range of sectors, helping clients to make better use of their data and drive intelligent decision making.
- Develop unique solutions to new and unsolved problems in infrastructure, delivering independently as well as managing small technical teams
- Create and develop relationships with high-profile clients up to director level
- Support business development to gain new work and expand commissions
We want to hear from you if you:
- Bachelor degree or higher in a STEM subject (or equivalent portfolio/work experience)
- Experience developing web applications for analytics solutions
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Familiarity with Hadoop and Spark ecosystems
- Good knowledge of cloud services (e.g. Azure, AWS)
- Proven ability to contribute to fast-paced technical projects and quickly understand what needs to be done
- A deep understanding of OOP and associated code design principles
- Ability to work in an Agile development team
- Experience using Git and GitHub (or other version control systems)
At Amey Consulting you have a unique opportunity to bring truly ground-breaking work to life by working alongside market-leading consultants in a practical infrastructure environment.
You will be surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges, who also care about your job satisfaction and well-being. You'll be stretched but always supported to bring out the better in you and to create better places for everyone.
We believe that we are what we do.
It's more than just wanting to do better.
At Amey we're proud to be the better