Technical Writer - Part Time & Flexible Working Available
We are looking for a conscientious and motivated individual with excellent oral and written communication skills to act as a technical report writer within our consulting team. This is a very flexible role which could be a full-time or part-time role (minimum 20 hours per week) and home or office based (London Victoria). It will be necessary to come to the office from time to time.
For each report, you will have an initial conversation with the consultant to discuss the projects, providing more information behind the meeting notes. The project write-ups will have a summary of the state of knowledge in the industry at the start of the project, how the project was innovative, the uncertainties faced in overcoming the innovation and how the uncertainties were overcome.
You will be joining an entrepreneurial team consisting of both technology specialists and tax professionals. MMP helps companies access government incentives related to technology and innovation to determine and assess technological innovation that is eligible for technology tax reliefs and grants.
Your responsibilities will include:
- understand the client’s technology
- write and prepare technical reports
- ability to present technical information in the clearest and most logical way for greatest reader comprehension
- proof read documents and reports as necessary for literacy and numerical accuracy
- write occasional MMP blog posts
- communicate with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as occasionally outside clients and suppliers
- handle special administrative projects
Rewards of the role
You would be joining a Company that really cares about its employees. helping the business to be more efficient and effective as it grows.
This role offers a competitive salary, pension, discretionary performance-related bonus, flexible hours, support for further training, great work colleagues, open and collaborative work ethic, Friday socials, team socials, commission for referrals, sick leave, travel to work scheme, all in a beautiful office in central London as and when you come in.
Skills required in the role
- excellent written and verbal communication skills
- ability to understand and write about complex technology
- strong computer and Microsoft Office skills, in particular MS Word
- highly motivated self-starter
- ability to juggle workloads and changing priorities
- strong attention to detail
- the right to work in the UK
- a positive attitude
- ideally three years or more experience in a similar or other professional services role
- complete awareness of the importance of confidentiality at all times
What you need to do now
Provide your CV along with a cover letter detailing what makes you feel you are ideal for the position. If called for interview you will be asked to describe your previous experience and your suitability for the role. We will ask you to undertake a written assessment.