Engineer - Engineering Improvement - Flexible Working Available
Lloyds Banking Group is the UK's biggest Retail, Digital and Mobile bank with over 30 million customers and a big responsibility to help Britain Prosper.
We're in the middle of a £3bn investment into our People, Platforms and Data - with a Software Engineering led approach, all as part of our strategy to become the best bank for customers.
And it's the role of our Chief Information Office (CIO) who provide the backbone and infrastructure upon which this bank of the future will sit.
Group CIO has started a journey to agile methods for the delivery of all programmes and initiatives for the Bank and bring this to life in the newly formed Engineering & Transformation function. Whilst responding to the day to day delivery pressures in the organisation, Group CIO also needs to position itself to meet the future demands of the bank for cost efficient, reliable and secure infrastructure services and outstanding efficiency, effectiveness and transparency.
As part of this strategy the redesign of the Target Operating Model (TOM) includes the provision of a new team - the Group CIO Engineering, Engineering Improvement team. This team will focus on the responsibility for troubleshooting high profile issues arising from either Service or Change, and subsequently delivering a successful outcome at pace. These engagements are often infrastructure-centric in nature but the team operate across the full end to end Infrastructure and Application landscape according to organisation priorities. Engineering improvement is a small team and will use agile/virtual team methods to stand-up complete projects quickly and efficiently.
You'll support the Engineering Improvement team working across both Group CIO and directly in Engineering & transformation which includes the following activities:
- Establish Effective Engineering Technology Principles.
- Work with strategy on Active-Dynamic Engineering Buy Sell Hold Processes.
- Engage in End to End (cross platform) Engineering solutions as required.
- Works in a collaborative way with other Engineers and Value Streams to ensure that programmes are delivered at pace.
Engineering relationship and activities:
- Ensuring Group CIO engineering relationship is working effectively.
- Enrich all requests and ensure the correct approach i.e. engineering improvement or tower based is applied to all work.
What we'll need from you:
- A consistent track record of supporting and tuning production infrastructure in at least one technical speciality e.g. java, OS, database, network etc. (Hands On). Additional specialisations are desirable.
- Deep technical knowledge of a specific platform/technology that includes the ability to diagnose performance issues and identify and deliver improvements and performance optimisation.
- In depth knowledge of end 2 end systems using 3+ tier architecture and an appreciation of Cloud technologies and consequences for traditional IT. Experience in writing Infrastructure as Code Highly Desirable. Experience with the following an advantage (Python / Ruby / C / java / .Net / SQL / PL/SQL / Perl / Bash)
- An appreciation of how systems are integrated. Working knowledge of IT Security / Data security / Compliance standards within a financial institution.
A working knowledge of agile would be beneficial, however technical and people leadership skills are essential to ensure successful outcomes are delivered as part of the wider squad/virtual team. Also essential to the success of the role will be the ability to engage multiple stakeholders, to gain advocacy and cooperation to enable a successful outcome to be delivered.
You'd also get a benefits package that includes:
- A performance related bonus
- Generous pension contribution
- 30 Days leave plus bank holidays
- A flexible cash pot (4% of base salary) to spend on benefits
- Private health cover
- Wider corporate benefits and perks
We're dedicated to giving you opportunities and support to develop you both expertly and personally to optimise your potential.
As a new colleague, you'll join us on our journey to build a 21st century bank that reflects modern Britain, and craft an inclusive culture where all colleagues feel encouraged and valued.
We're committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve, and to building an inclusive environment where all our colleagues can be themselves and succeed on merit. We support the principles of agile working and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We're an equal opportunity employer and deeply value diversity within our organisation.
So if you possess the skills we're seeking then get in touch, we'd love to hear from you...
Together we make it possible