Risk Analyst - Flexible Working Available
The Role: An exceptional opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic person to join our Risk Team as a Risk Analyst. We face the most challenging operating environment our sector has known and never has the need for effective risk management been more important. It is an exciting time to join L&Q and help further strengthen our risk management capabilities.
We are looking for a knowledgeable and passionate individual who is keen to embark on new approaches within an innovative team. The successful post holder will ideally be educated to degree level or equivalent with at least 12 months’ experience in a risk or compliance function.
You will work under the direction of the Director of Risk & Insurance and support the implementation of the risk management framework. Use your analytical skills and our leading enterprise risk software to capture trends, dependencies and interdependencies to support decision making and operational processes. You will also develop, collate and report on key risk indicators and support the production of quarterly risk appetite metrics and other risk reporting requirements.
Your other main responsibilities will include:
· Assisting business risk owners with the identification of key risks in their business areas, including facilitating risk evaluation workshops to identify risk exposures
· Provide practical advice and coaching to risk owners, including assisting development of effective risk culture
· Aggregating and analysing risk data captured within our risk software to monitor trends and assisting with quarterly risk reporting to the Audit & Risk Committee
· Co-ordinate reporting of risk events and monitor compliance of businesses with risk management processes and criteria
To take advantage of this opportunity you need to meet the following criteria:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- At least 12 months’ experience in a risk or compliance function
- Sound knowledge of risk management principles
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills both orally and in writing
- Excellent facilitation and presentation skills
- Great team player who shows energy, drive and commitment
- Experience of using risk management software systems
If you believe you have the qualities we are after and are interested in working for an organisation that can really make a difference to people’s lives, then please apply without delay.
Closing date for completed applications: 28th January 2020
To be placed in: Internal/External
Interviews will be held on: 4th and 5th February 2020
At L&Q, people are at the heart of our business and our success depends on employing the best people and getting the best from them. This is why we are committed to developing our people. It's only by investing in a well-trained and motivated workforce that we can continue to prosper and sustain business success.
In addition to our support and training, the successful candidate will have access to our full suite of benefits including 26 days holiday rising to 31 days with length of service, annual bonus subject to group performance, excellent Pension scheme, Benenden Healthcare, an employee assistance programme and non-contributory life assurance.
We are committed to supporting your work-life balance and recognise the changing demands and circumstances in life. Please let us know during the recruitment process if you’re interested in part time working or job sharing. In addition, should your circumstances change once you have joined L&Q, you can also request flexible working arrangements, e.g. a change to working hours - if it’s feasible then we’ll make it happen.
We are recognised externally for our commitment to inclusion. We are a Stonewall Diversity Champion, a Disability Confident (Committed) employer and have signed the Time to Change Employer Pledge to demonstrate our commitment to end mental health discrimination in the workplace.
We expect all of our employees to support our environmental policy and social responsibility work. We are an employer committed to environmental and social responsibility.