Infrastructure Specialist - Flexible Working Available
Our client, a well-known national Charity are undergoing a period of massive Digital Transformation.
Part of this digital transformation includes a review of all current Infrastructure and asset base. The new Infrastructure Specialist will be expected to carry out an audit on the organisations current IT and Digital Infrastructure and be able to advise the best solutions moving forward. This includes looking at Legacy and end-of-cycle kit and advising on new products and hardware and software. The successful candidate will then be expected to help implement and support the new infrastructure.
This role is working within the IT Operations Team and is a leading position in ensuring a successful transformation.
It can be worked from wither their Central London Offices or their Essex Head Office.
Candidates should have experience working as an Senior Infrastructure Engineer or Analyst and be confident working in large IT Environments.
This is an amazing opportunity to help shape the future of this particular Charity and they are therefore looking for individuals with a lot of initiative. Experience of different technical environments and systems is key to be able to advise on best practice.
Key working relationships:
Internal: Other sections of Digital & Technology team, Strategy & Performance, Income & Innovation, Finance and Resources, and Services teams
External: Communities of practice (public and private sector) as appropriate, third party suppliers
- Act as a principal technical lead to support current and emerging technologies. Jointly responsible for integrating new requirements into the existing infrastructure and future landscape
- Support senior management in establishing and maintaining supplier relationships and working with key vendors, assessing emerging technologies taking into account:
o Current and future business requirements
o Price versus performance.
- Help to define and document target architecture taking into account, growth, scalability, industry trends & IT Strategic Plan
- In conjunction with the Infrastructure team – owns and is accountable for Storage, Server Systems, Network and Security infrastructure architecture
- Ensure technical design adheres to the strategic Enterprise Architecture and best practice
- Inspire a mixed team to achieve high levels of networking and system engineering excellence.
- Work with IT Management on key activities and projects
- Participate in architecture reviews, define and maintain documentation of Server Systems, Networking and Security technology standards, processes and policies.
- Consult on priority incident/problem resolution as a subject matter expert and authority for Storage, Networking and Security, configuration and policy
- Consult on project requirements, understanding business drivers, assisting translation of business requirements into appropriate solutions
- Provide enterprise and solution architecture expertise across a wide-variety of business initiatives and project
- Champion your programme of work with senior management
- Lead team development and engagement activities, working closely with colleagues, head of section, other areas of the business and external partners
- Represent the organisation both internally and externally (e.g. conferences, meet-ups, blogs, interviews, etc.)
- Working within communities of practice, talking about the Charities work and bringing back insights from other charities/digital businesses/government that will improve our work and processes.