Part Time Cook/Chef
ABOUT THE ROLE
Our care home, Torkington House, is now seeking a Cook/Chef to prepare, cook and serve nutritionally balanced and attractively presented meals. We are able to offer this role on a part time basis, 3 days a week (7am – 4pm), preferably Fri, Sat and Sun.
As Cook, you will: ·
- Prepare, cook and serve meals
- Supervise all staff working in the kitchen area or dining room.
- Ensure all purchases are controlled within a specified budget
- Draw up varied menus which incorporate choice
Torkington House care home in Acton has a vacancy for a Cook/Chef for three days a week (7 am to 4pm) – preferably Fri, Sat and Sun. The role pays £11.28 per hour
. To apply, you will have: ·
- Experience of working in a kitchen environment
- Experience of serving food in a professional environment
- Relevant food hygiene and food preparation qualifications
- Strong communication skills
We are part of Greensleeves Care, one of the most respected care charities in the UK, and at the heart of our organisation is the friendship- this is a genuine feeling that you get as a staff member, visitor or resident. Our home is one of the friendliest and happiest residential care homes in the whole of the London Borough of Ealing.
To be part of this home and award-winning organisation please: ·
The successful applicant will be appointed subject to ISA first and enhanced DBS disclosure. This post is not subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.