Quantity Surveyor - Flexible Working Available
- Contract Type
Talented people are the key to our success
Would you like to work for a progressive and ambitious company which is also one of the most successful within the UK construction and infrastructure industry?
Morgan Sindall provides national construction and infrastructure services to private and public sector customers across a comprehensive range of markets. We aim to create great results for our customers, partners and ourselves.
Read more about our Aviation work here - https://construction.morgansindall.com/aviation
We have a fantastic opportunity within our Aviation business for an ambitious and talented Quantity Surveyor within the Q6 Framework at Heathrow Airport.
We are looking for a Quantity Surveyor to provide commercial expertise to aid with the delivery of the contracted work by taking the commercial lead in the Aviation team. The provision of accurate and timely commercial reports and advice to the to the management team whilst ensuring the contract achieves the appropriate commercial targets.
This is an excellent opportunity to work within a successful, growing and exciting team.
- Ensure that all reporting is accurate and completed to agreed timescales
- Ensure the project and programme contract, cost, quality and time targets are met
- Ensure prompt and regular submission of main contract payment applications and ensure that subcontractor payments are dealt with fairly and in accordance with subcontract terms
- Maintain and coordinate all commercial reports required for the successful commercial management of the contract
- Preparation of the forecasting and reporting of costs against value to ensure that it is in line with the contract profitability forecast
- Ensures compliance with all contractual requirements, provide support and training on both the contract and the schedule of rates to maximise value recovery
- Liaise and assist with the performance analyst in the preparation of run rate data, including the preparation of weekly gang profit / loss, plant spend, KPI and prefect delivery requirements
- As part of the overall management team take responsibility regarding health, safety and the environment providing commercial support
- Management, training and advise of direct reports
- BSc in Quantity Surveying (or other equivalent commercially related discipline)
- CSCS compliance
- Commercial and contractual knowledge, in various forms of contract
- A working knowledge of current legislation
- Procurement experience
- People management experience, such as managing performance, development and disciplinary procedures
- NEC experience
About the Heathrow Team:
Morgan Sindall is 1 of 4 Delivery Integrators working at Heathrow Airport within the Q6 Framework. Our works are focused around the Airside / Landside Lot and cover a large portfolio of projectors working at Heathrow Airport within the Q6 Framework. Our works are focused around the Airside / Landside Lot and cover a large portfolio of projects that include civil engineering, mechanical and electrical and building works throughout the footprint of Heathrow Airport. We have a long history of successfully delivering works at Heathrow Airport and our reputation has been founded upon this. We have over 200 employees, including a direct labour force delivering these projects and a well-developed and trusted supply chain. We have a plan for long term growth year on year and this is underpinned by our recruitment programme, including experienced managers, a graduate recruitment process and also strengthening of our self-performing capabilities through investment in apprentices. Looking forwards there is even greater opportunities at Heathrow Airport within the next expansion plans and further afield the 3rd runway development.
We can potentially consider certain types of flexible working in this role for the right candidate, subject to meeting business needs.
Morgan Sindall is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with the Positive About Disabled People ‘Two Ticks’ accreditation. We are also an Investors in People company.
Morgan Sindall is unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to live and work in the UK.
In the recruitment process all applicants are required to provide the necessary right to work information and documentation.