Senior Planning Manager
For over 50 years we have used our imagination to create the best places, state-of-the-art buildings, thriving communities and ingenious infrastructure solutions. Our journey has taken us across the globe, from Australia to Asia, the Americas and Europe. And along the way we have set new standards by challenging conventional thinking for the better. What makes us different is that we understand and can deliver the whole process - or just part of it - from Investment to Development to Construction. But most importantly, with everything we do, we leave a positive sustainable legacy for future generations to enjoy…
We are always looking for people to come with us on the journey.
We are currently seeking a Senior Planning Manager to be the lead Our Town Hall project in Manchester. You will apply advanced to expert knowledge across multiple specialist streams (Planning Management) and intermediate to advanced knowledge of several job families to complex business issues requiring in-depth analysis. Will influence outcomes on major proposals/programs/projects. Provides mentoring and guidance to others. Oversee and undertake planning analysis, tasks and activities, acting as a subject matter expert and monitor reporting, schedules and plans and their accuracy to inform decision making, ensuring compliance with applicable regional standards and procedures. Oversee and undertake planning analysis, tasks and activities, acting as a subject matter expert and monitor reporting, schedules and plans and their accuracy to inform decision making, ensuring compliance with applicable regional standards and procedures.
- Oversee preparation and review of planning, providing subject matter expert in complex analysis, plans, programs and reports.
- Maintain current knowledge to innovate, recommend, develop and implement alternative solutions, and undertake research to support decision making.
- Keep abreast of current and emerging developments, trends and applicable current legislative requirements affecting all aspects of planning, ensure processes reflect best practice industry standards and are in compliance with applicable legislation, and facilitate continuous improvement.
- Maintain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders, and provide mentoring and coaching to ensure that team members are adequately resourced to perform;
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in a project planning and/or construction related discipline, combined with advanced knowledge and extensive experience across multiple roles.
- Expert knowledge, understanding and experience of planning, scheduling, procurement, reporting and construction and property industries.
- Strong problem solving, planning, organising and analytical skills with the ability to guide and coach others in the resolution of complex problems and manage competing priorities.
- Strong interpersonal skills to build relationships with key stakeholders.